What would be a good "Nickname" for our current Defense? (1 Viewer)

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
We had the infamous Dome Patrol in the 80's and 90's. They were a fearsome group for any Offense that had to come up against them. The 49'ers, who were the most dominant team of that era, had guys that have come out publicly and said that they hated playing against the Saints because of guys like Johnson, Swilling, Jackson, Mills, Wilkes, Warren, and others. They were so fearsome, that they had a Nickname.

We have had good to almost great defenses since then. The 2009 group comes to mind because of the 39 take aways they had. With other guys like Smith and Vilma, it was not a group to mess around with, or take lightly.

Now, we have the most complete defense we have ever had. The D-line is fearsome, as we all know. The LB'ers are solid, and the backend is the best we've ever had. They are the primary reason we are where we're at right now, because the Offense has been nowhere near as dominant as they've always been.

So, what do we call this group? Anyone have any suggestions?

Benson Bombers
Benson Bullies

The team loves Ms. Benson

How bout the "second half slackers" :hm:

Sorry I just get a little miffed when we got the game well in hand and let crap teams come back on us in the fourth quarter and make me stress in the last 2 minutes

Last edited:
We have a nice defense but there have only been a few defenses in NFL history good enough for a nickname. We aren’t.
More than anything, we should have a nickname for our D-Line. Just like the Dome Patrol was just the linebackers. This line is one of the best I can remember. And it is one of the better defenses we've had in quite some time all around, when at full health.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom