What would be more disappointing: Drew Brees retiring or 2020 team with no Taysom Hill & Alvin Kamara? (1 Viewer)

Many are selling Kamara way too short. He is a special back. His injuries this year hurt his explosiveness and teams have definitely made a point of emphasis on how to contain him. If he demands absolute top dollar, then maybe that changes. The next couple of years, I think, might be a little difficult in trying to transition to a new era in Saints football. Brees is coming to the end of line - either this year or next. With the next generation of Saints talent hitting their contract years in the next year or two, some difficult decisions will need to be made. The Saint brass has to decide who are the core players going forward and who can be replaced. There are going to be some good players that will have to leave in free agency due to cap restraints.

I think it all hinges on whether Brees comes back this year or not. And, at the price the Saints want him back. They have to think in terms of the dead cap money that they'll have to eat the year following his retirement.

after this year of AK he is definitely expendable. We chose to keep the wrong player in that scenario with ingram. It happens.

we need drew.

You do realize that Kamara was hampered by a nasty lingering injury that hampered his production for most of the season don't you?

I just don't understand why so many people are ready to cut ties with Kamara based on this season.

You do realize that Kamara was hampered by a nasty lingering injury that hampered his production for most of the season don't you?

I just don't understand why so many people are ready to cut ties with Kamara based on this season.

Coach Pete said he had strong insider info on Kamara. Whereas Kamara didn't have any one injury significant enough to be listed on the mandatory weekly NFL injury report often, that by the 6th game Kamara was really beat up and only continued to get more beat up as the season went on. Kamara was one of the 1st players in full ice bath as soon as the games were over. Pete says that his teammates and the coaches respect Alvin deeply for playing the entire year, and especially playing the last 5-6 games in serious pain. They view it as courageous on Kamara's part.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom