what would be the trade cost for jamal adams? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
i doubt the saints could even be in the discussion, but lets say the jets are "on board" with trading him

i dont know much about him so what would it take?

what would be the boards opinion on a realistic trade cost for a team getting jamal adams?

and on a side note maybe the saints have a chance to upgrade some positions as teams sign these star players and must release players that could upgrade our roster

1st rounder at minimum. He’s better than Fitzpatrick who just got a 1st.

Before the Brees injury I would have been all over it. Now? Ehhhh tough call.

1st rounder at minimum. He’s better than Fitzpatrick who just got a 1st.

Before the Brees injury I would have been all over it. Now? Ehhhh tough call.
well if you think that way then look at it this way, wouldnt he give us the best chance to at least keep games close enough to go 50/50 until drew is back on the field? our secondary is like swiss cheese and tackling after catch is pathetic

and again, im in no way implying we could do it even if we wanted to, just talking what ifs

Whether we want to admit it or not, this season is probably not going to end well.

Trading away picks for high priced players mid-season would be a terrible strategy long term.

This. I'm all for going all in but we'd be going all in on a stone cold bluff at this point. Far too many unknowns right now to be trading away future first rounders.

This. I'm all for going all in but we'd be going all in on a stone cold bluff at this point. Far too many unknowns right now to be trading away future first rounders.

Not to mention we need that 1st rounder to draft a QB next year. Even if someone thinks Taysom is the guy, we have to bring in competition and let the best man win.

I don't know if we would have considered it before the Brees injury but I think now it has to be off the table. We pretty much went from "win now" mode to "start looking to the future" mode in one throw.

Not to mention we need that 1st rounder to draft a QB next year. Even if someone thinks Taysom is the guy, we have to bring in competition and let the best man win.
Unless of course teddy comes out and balls while Drew is out... then our draft pick heads back towards the end of the first round... and which means we dont necessarily need a stud rookie QB.

If teddy doesnt at least show a lot of promise, then trading away an early pick would be a gigantic mistake.

Last thing we need to be doing is trading our 1sts. Hell. I’m more of the mindset to being curious if we should be like Miami acquire assets to flip for a run at Trevor Lawrence.

But I’m not ready to give up on this season.

Last thing we need to be doing is trading our 1sts. Hell. I’m more of the mindset to being curious if we should be like Miami acquire assets to flip for a run at Trevor Lawrence.

But I’m not ready to give up on this season.

If the sky falls and we're 1-7 when drew returns... what do we do at that point? Continue losing and have a shot at one of the top QBs? Or go for the gold and hope Drew can go undefeated the rest of the way and that a lot of chips fall exactly the right way for us?

I threw out a scenario to my friend and asked him hypothetically what if we go 6 and 0 in Drew's absence. What do you do when Drew is ready if the team is really clicking? Just a point to think about. Probably wont happen but what if.

I threw out a scenario to my friend and asked him hypothetically what if we go 6 and 0 in Drew's absence. What do you do when Drew is ready if the team is really clicking? Just a point to think about. Probably wont happen but what if.

Now that’s the kind of delusional thinking I am down with!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom