What would it take to move up to 5? (1 Viewer)

Cincinnati is known for not trading up or down. I think it would take at least Ramczyk and our 2021 first-round pick and our 2022 second.

Gotta go with JaMarr. He is a generational WR talent. He is one of WR talents that fall to a team once every 20 years. Add to the fact him and Burrow have a natural chemistry.

.its like @Breesusaves said there will be other lineman in the draft. The NFL is full of excellent O-linemen but there are very few elite WRs. Chase is one of those

I love it when you guys label a player who has never even been to an NFL training camp as elite!!

The kid is a good player but the next level is full of great players so maybe you need to pump the brakes on the elite talk for now.

The fact of the matter is that until the Bengals invest heavily in a good quality Oline Burrow is in for a beating much like he took last season and all the elite WR's on the planet won't make a difference.

With Mike Brown as the owner, president, and GM of the Bengals they haven't changed their spots in a VERY long time and I don't see it happening any time soon!!

You pretty much have to look at history here. What's the highest move up in NFL draft history and what did it cost?
Atlanta moved from 27 to 6.

They gave up their 1st, 2nd, 4th and the 1st and 4th of the next draft.

Not as much as you would think.

Last edited:
For who ? I don't think any of these dudes outside Trevor Lawrence gonna be names from the top 20. I'll probably be wrong , but how many times do we hear how great Blaine Gabbert or Mark Sanchez or Johnny Football is going to be , a once in a generation talent , then 3 4 years later , nobody even cares. Nah , stand pat on the proven players we have

For who ? I don't think any of these dudes outside Trevor Lawrence gonna be names from the top 20. I'll probably be wrong , but how many times do we hear how great Blaine Gabbert or Mark Sanchez or Johnny Football is going to be , a once in a generation talent , then 3 4 years later , nobody even cares. Nah , stand pat on the proven players we have
I agree. No one in the top part of the draft is a better option or prospect (especially at QB) that will be a WIN now player for us or a person who is a better talent than Hill (who if takes next steps is a rare talent with many intangibles) or Winston (who if takes next steps could be SICK as a QB) in the future. Hell, we could win with a consistent, confident Seimian.

All the top 15-20 guys definitely could be THE player that is a missing piece of the puzzle for teams, but for us, I just don't see it. I think we will be very cautious and and our draft will make total sense for us for this season and beyond.

Some of the top 15 guys would be luxury additions, but for what cost and how much do you give up of our team to be able to sign them?

Burrow's said he wants Chase, and Ja'Marr Chase at #5 is BPA and it's not even remotely close. The Bengals still have plenty of picks left to draft linemen, and giving Burrow a reliable target he can go to will shorten his read and release time and in turn help the offensive line. Look at how different the Saints offensive line was when Brees was in at QB compared to Bridgewater, Winston, and Hill.
Burrow might want Chase but he needs Sewell

I don't see it happening. We have too many holes to fill, especially depth, and we need a good infusion of inexpensive players.

Ok............trade up to take who?

Of the players you mentioned the one player you don't offer is Ramcyck.

That would create a HUGE hole in the Oline!!

Yep, it would be insanity to trade a player who is the best in the NFL at his position...

.its like @Breesusaves said there will be other lineman in the draft. The NFL is full of excellent O-linemen but there are very few elite WRs. Chase is one of those

I call BS on this. If the Bengals don't improve that oline than Burrow is not going to finish a season healthy, it is not going to matter who lines up at WR if Burrow is running for his life....Chase has immense potential but there is probably a WR that will have a huge impact that is selected much later...see:

Michael Thomas
DeAndre Hopkins
Keenan Allen
Davante Adams
Tyreek Hill

That is 5 of the best WR's in the NFL, what do they all have in common? Drafted in the late 1st - 5th round. Good even great WR's can be found later in the draft. Offensive lineman have more value early....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom