What would it take to move up to 5? (1 Viewer)

The Bengals have the 5th pick and no need for a QB. They could use OL and WR help which I assume they take one if they don’t move. The draft is very deep as WR.

What players or picks do you think we could offer to entice the Bengals to give us that #5?

Armstead? Ramcyck? Peat? Lattimore? One of these and our 1st? Two of these? Two of these and our first?

Do we want the 3rd 4th or 5th rated QB? For example would you be happy if we traded Armstead and our 1st for Trey Lance?
Why move up to #5?

For who ? I don't think any of these dudes outside Trevor Lawrence gonna be names from the top 20. I'll probably be wrong , but how many times do we hear how great Blaine Gabbert or Mark Sanchez or Johnny Football is going to be , a once in a generation talent , then 3 4 years later , nobody even cares. Nah , stand pat on the proven players we have
I get what you are saying, but I don’t remember anyone calling those 3 guys you mentioned generational talents. I remember Andrew Luck being labeled as one. Maybe Skip Bayless said that about Manziel, but no one should put much stock into that. Maybe, those guys were labeled franchise QBs (that label gets thrown around a lot), but not generational talent.

With Mike Brown as the owner, president, and GM of the Bengals they haven't changed their spots in a VERY long time and I don't see it happening any time soon!!
[/QUOTE]

If teams consistently picking in the top 10 every year, then that team has major issues. Draft are fun and game for one day getting to be first in line for the best college players. But I rather be number 32 every year.

With Mike Brown as the owner, president, and GM of the Bengals they haven't changed their spots in a VERY long time and I don't see it happening any time soon!

If teams consistently picking in the top 10 every year, then that team has major issues. Draft are fun and game for one day getting to be first in line for the best college players. But I rather be number 32 every year.
Bill?... Bill Belichick, is that you?

Bill?... Bill Belichick, is that you?
[/QUOTE]
No but I rather being excited every week knowing we are winning instead of being excited for one day.

We have a year to see if we have our next franchise QB on board. Next year we have a lot of draft picks and if we suck this year, those picks will be higher up and more valuable to use to trade up. I don’t see it this year.

What would it take to move up to 5?
Thanos told the little girl "everything."

Why move up to #5?

If we wanted one of the 5 QBs, that spot would assure we would get at least one, assuming we really liked the one who might be available.

Probably have to be a day of draft trade to make sure the guy you love is there. Trey Lance or perhaps Zach Wilson if he slides or possibly Justin Fields or Mac Jones depending on what NYJ and ATL does.

plus next years projected QB class is very weak. Might be now or never

If we were to move up in the 1st round, cost aside because I think Loomis & Co could make this work, I forsee us moving up more in the 16th place range. There will more likely be 1 of 2 possible QBs that drop that far, or a few LBs & DLs, & CBs, & OLinemen that they could really value that are worth the price to secure for their vision of the team moving forward. Could be more, I haven't looked at the Draft class extensively yet, just feel this is more aligned with our draft strategy, again if the team sees the value there, and of course finding a willing trade partner. I believe 16 is the area we will see a 1st rd move if we see one.

We will not, should not trade Ramszyck for any reason. Ram is a key building piece for this team. He will be moved to left tackle
when we move on from Terron Armstead, which is soon. Then Ram will be an All Pro for the next ten to fifteen years.
Never to mention this again.
Now to trade up, we only have to move up 10-15 spots for a player we need. For that I would trade Michael Thomas to be in position to select
the top rated CB, DL, LB, or WR, the BPA.
In Ireland/Loomis/Payton I Trust.

To be honest I would stay at 28.
The reason ?
QB, Kyle Trask ?
Only because, maybe, Maybe, Jameis Winston doesn't work for us.
Next year is weak in QBs.
Where/When is the next QB who plays a SEC type talent as a league, and passes for a 72+% year,
with a great touchdown to interception rate, finishes fourth in the Heisman Trophy voting.
I still maintain that our needs by priority order is CB, DL, LB, QB.
A player like Kyle Trask may be the BPA for the next couple of years sitting at 28 this year.
This year the Draft is deep in CB, DL, LB.
Just saying.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom