What would Mark Ingram's trade value be worth? (1 Viewer)

Why would we trade him? Unless Lasco is a star in waiting then you hold on to your proven commodity.

It's a fair question to ask what Ingram's trade value is. Unfortunately, it isn't much. Maybe a 6th or 7th round pick, if we're lucky.

Ask this question: What is Ingram good at? What is his specialty?
Does he run tough like Ivory? No
Does he have breakaway speed like Sproles did? No
Does he squeeze the absolute most yards out of each carry like PT? No

He's an average all around NFL RB.

Ingram is is in the top 3 best offensive players we have, why would we trade him. Ingram Is a top RB in the league, hate all you want it won't change that.:jpshakehead:

He needs to go to a team like Cleveland or Baltimore where they hand it to the running back every play. Brees is better in an open offense with guys like Darren Sproles and Jimmy Graham. The 1-2 punch is the way to go IMO. A Lasco/Cadet combo might be better than a one cut back such as Mark Ingram. Nothing against him, he is a good player that just never seemed to fit in our offensive gameplans. When we want to run the ball, we let teams know. Lasco and Hightower fit the bill of power back better than Mark Ingram who is more of a rhythm running back.

The problem is we arent giving him enough runs. 21 carries in 2 games, and you think he is the problem? The line isnt opening gaping holes like you see Denvers Oline do but, if you only give your running back 10 carries in a game, dont expect him to get 100yds. 50 yds would be lucky on 10 carries because a running back has to get in a groove. So far, no groovy.

Were the Saints RB-needy, what would you give up for Ingram?

Subtract a round or two from that, and that's about what he's actually worth.

Crazier things have happened, just ask Trent Richardson, if he is worth a 1st then maybe Ingram can be worth three 1st :hihi:

You're right. It does only take one team to dance, whether that's if you are a prospect being drafted or a team looking to unload a player. But logically it shouldn't.

Mark Ingram is capable of caring the ball 20+ times but only get limited touches and it's surely not due to any other back on the team being better. I know this is a passing offense but why wouldn't you just trade the guy if your not going to use him. Any back could be used in Peyton's system because of the limited carries. Should we trade him?

Did you think that one up all by yourself or did you have help?

I honestly think some fans need to be traded sometimes!!..........:jpshakehead:

why get rid of good players? stupid idea, unless they give us von miller

Not sure why you would want to trade him ?? We just gotta pound the rock more

Nothing unless someone really wants a rb that falls over his own feet every time a big hole opens up in front of him...

Correct ! Mark Ingram is, and has been, and will be just average as a running back. Ingram cannot create runs for himself as an average to good back could do. Ingram will always need a big running lane right in front of him or else he will fall down with a finger trip. Hell even I at my age can be a good back if you create a hole big enough. I am tired of reading about what a good back he is because he is not all that. Last year he made the Pro Bowl. How did that happen. Ingram is not a game changer, or someone the other team has to account for in their game plan. Sorry. Now flame on me. Then I will know just how many of you know anything about athletic talent.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom