What would Mark Ingram's trade value be worth? (1 Viewer)

I don't think I'll ever understand why, when Ingram breaks a long run, he's pulled out of the game.

Seems like the perfect time to either run until they stop us, or call a play action pass.

Screen would work well in this situation as well.

Instead we sub out for someone like cadet, move him out wide, go empty back annnnnnndddd sack on drew or incomplete. All of a sudden a 10 yard run turns into a 3 and out.

I wasn't blaming him, I posted that in response to saying he just needed more touches. Just saying that the running game wasn't working and throwing the ball to him wasn't working so you don't just continue to feed an injury prone player for the sake of feeding him. Sorry, guess I should have explained it better for those that struggle with comprehension.

I love how when Ingram is concerned, he's injury prone but nobody ever says that about the great Pierre Thomas or the great Chris Ivory. People hate Ingram with a passion. I don't get it.

Is this about Alabama?

Yup. The dude is a consummate professional. He could have gone to a better situation for him during his FA period yet stayed knowing that he wasn't going to be a runner that gets carries yet still producing at a high level. People hate him for terrible reasons. If the fans ran this team, Duece (who was also injury prone but nobody ever says that) might be the starting RB LOL

Is this a "Lets trade Mark Ingram because I want him to run the ball more and he hasnt so trade him to a Team where he can run the ball and I can create threads on how Mark Ingram is doing so well now that we traded him thread"?

LOL!! I believe you hit the nail on the head with this one hahahaha!!

But yea no trade value atm, and its decreasing as each week goes by, he's basically done jack thus far, and on a couple times when he's had opportunities to bust big runs he's been arm tackled and tripped up by lone tacklers. IF you're planning on trading you should want to do it at the height of his game not the basement.

I don't think I'll ever understand why, when Ingram breaks a long run, he's pulled out of the game.

Seems like the perfect time to either run until they stop us, or call a play action pass.

because, after every run he does gain yards or even when he trips over his own feet in the back field running sideways, he looks to the sidelines motioning to send someone in...I've never seen a football player ask to come out of games so much...he is as heartless as he is talentless.

because, after every run he does gain yards or even when he trips over his own feet in the back field running sideways, he looks to the sidelines motioning to send someone in...I've never seen a football player ask to come out of games so much...he is as heartless as he is talentless.

I think you are confusing with asking someone to sub and being taken out of the game.

We substitute players probably more than any other team out there. He literally played with a broken hand last year until coach realized it was broken and pulled him.

Calling him heartless is extremely unfounded.

With the what I find astonishing and ever increasing number of injuries to RBs, their value has become a commodity of numbers. A single back cannot carry the ball over 20 times a game for years. yes, there are exceptions: Forte and Peterson come to mind. But didn't AP go down last week.

I think you are confusing with asking someone to sub and being taken out of the game.

that's what I am talking about...you don't ask to be subbed for that often if you're a baller with heart...you should want the next carry, not look to the sidelines and say please, someone else come do my job...to me, you go to the huddle and hope your number is called again, not wave your fingers to get saved from the sidelines

that's what I am talking about...you don't ask to be subbed for that often if you're a baller with heart...you should want the next carry, not look to the sidelines and say please, someone else come do my job...to me, you go to the huddle and hope your number is called again, not wave your fingers to get saved from the sidelines

He looks to the sidelines to see which personnel package is being called to know whether or not to come out the game. That isn't up to him at all. Do you want him to defy the coaches?

He doesn't do this.

He has raised hell on the sideline for being taken out.

I don't know where you are getting the idea that he always asked to be taken out of game, but I can guarantee that if he was asking to be pulled out after every play, he would not be starting for this team or even on it.

you have absolutely no idea what you're rambling on about...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom