What would Mark Ingram's trade value be worth? (1 Viewer)

head trauma

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Mark Ingram is capable of caring the ball 20+ times but only get limited touches and it's surely not due to any other back on the team being better. I know this is a passing offense but why wouldn't you just trade the guy if your not going to use him. Any back could be used in Peyton's system because of the limited carries. Should we trade him?

Not going to happen. At least not this season.

I believe ingram is a top 10 RB, but the RB position just doesn't warrant high value in the nfl. I see next to nothing in trade value.

Usually a case of Barq's....but he's doing ok right now, so 2 cases of Barq's.

I believe ingram is a top 10 RB, but the RB position just doesn't warrant high value in the nfl. I see next to nothing in trade value.

So you believe Ingram is a Top 10 RB? What else do you believe in?

Nothing unless someone really wants a rb that falls over his own feet every time a big hole opens up in front of him...

Is this a "Lets trade Mark Ingram because I want him to run the ball more and he hasnt so trade him to a Team where he can run the ball and I can create threads on how Mark Ingram is doing so well now that we traded him thread"?

Nothing unless someone really wants a rb that falls over his own feet every time a big hole opens up in front of him...

Please show us a video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Running backs simply do not have trade value. While teams have certainly overpaid at one time or another (H. Walker / Cowboys), they simply don't value running backs. Teams are far more likely to heavily invest in the offensive line than they are running backs. The league has changed.

Consider Marshall Faulk. Faulk was traded for a 2nd and 5th round pick from the Colts to the Rams. This coming off a season in which he led the NFL with over 2,200 yards (1,300+ rushing) and 10 scores. At 25 years of age and in his prime. So what would Mark Ingram be worth? Realistically, a 6th or 7th round pick at best. It's just the way the NFL goes.

So the discussion is a moot point. Even if the Saints wanted to trade Ingram (and I'm certainly not saying the do or should), they'd never get enough value to make it worthwhile.

Running backs simply do not have trade value. While teams have certainly overpaid at one time or another (H. Walker / Cowboys), they simply don't value running backs. Teams are far more likely to heavily invest in the offensive line than they are running backs. The league has changed.

Consider Marshall Faulk. Faulk was traded for a 2nd and 5th round pick from the Colts to the Rams. This coming off a season in which he led the NFL with over 2,200 yards (1,300+ rushing) and 10 scores. At 25 years of age and in his prime. So what would Mark Ingram be worth? Realistically, a 6th or 7th round pick at best. It's just the way the NFL goes.

So the discussion is a moot point. Even if the Saints wanted to trade Ingram (and I'm certainly not saying the do or should), they'd never get enough value to make it worthwhile.

Crazier things have happened, just ask Trent Richardson, if he is worth a 1st then maybe Ingram can be worth three 1st :hihi:

Have you seen whats behind Ingram?

Why is this even a discussion?

Why SWAY.........WHY

The Colts gave up a 1st rd pick for an underwhelming Trent Richardson. So to the OP, his value is worth whatever some team is willing to give. However, MI does what is asked to do, he is a true professional, and he progresses every year....so I don't think he's going anywhere

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom