What would the Saints have to do... (1 Viewer)

what do you mean about clinch the division, or do you mean conference? I fully expect the Saints to win their division.

I only meant any time before we beat the Panther on Dec 31st. Just because of our records being so close and they won the first meeting. We will win the division but clinching that will take until at least week 15.

Home Field and First round bye it gets way to complicated right know but if we want a shot we have to beat Dal and Sea needs to lose

When we beat Dallas, Seattle doesn't have to lose. If we both ran the table, we'd get the bye over Sea by virtue of a better NFC conference record, with both teams being 12-4.

If we (NO & Sea) both lost a game (and as long as our loss didn't come against Dallas because that would now put Dallas in front of us with the head-to-head), we would still win the bye over Sea, once again because of a better Conference record.

We could lose 2 NFC games (already lost to the Cats + 1 more), we'd still have a better conference record than Seattle.... Hope this makes sense.

The playoff picture will clear up in about two weeks. We just need to beat the Niners and the Cowgirls.

If we (NO & Sea) both lost a game (and as long as our loss didn't come against Dallas because that would now put Dallas in front of us with the head-to-head), we would still win the bye over Sea, once again because of a better Conference record.

Even if we lost to Dallas, we could still get the bye if we finished tied with them and Seattle(or the Bears), because the 3-way tie breaker is conference record.

Last edited:
Seeing how we virtually own all the tiebreakers against any team in the NFC by virtue of our Conference record (only one left is head to head vs. Cowboys), if we end up tied with the Bears we get homefield because of a better conference record since in order for the Bears to lose they would have to lose against NFC opponents. Its a hard order,but if we win out we will have taken care of our end of the bargain.

That wasn't the scenario I was responding to in that reply though. The statement was that the Saints only needed to win 3 and the Bears lose out to clinch homefield. This would mean the Saints finish 10-6. Both the Cowboys and Seahawks could finish with better records than 10-6.

If I'm looking at things right, if we win the remaining 5 games the worst we can get is the second seed no matter what everyone else does. If Chicago loses 2 of their remaining 5 games and we win out we will get the number 1 seed because we would only have 1 conference lost. Chicago has games against Minnesota, St. Louis, Tampa, Detroit, and Green Bay. Its very possible that they could lose two of those games or even all of them if Grossman has bad games. All that matters to me is winning our last 5 games, that's something we can control and that's all I want us to do. I don't want to be in a situation where I have to keep watching the scores of other teams games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom