What would you do? A Video (1 Viewer)

HennessyRob

NOLA Raised
Reaction score
What would do if your were the kid getting dunked on at the 1:13 mark of this video?
I would've ran out of the gym and told my parents that we need to move.
How could you go back to school after that?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MJzOtDOI8Ws" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Getting "dunked on" or "posterized" is one of the dumbest thing in sports. Its like everyone in the gym is saying "shame on you for standing in and attempting to play defense for your team even though you are in a bad position." Yeah, thats what i want to teach my kid in basketball. Also breaking the back board is so over rated. It just says the backboard was weak and that you weigh a lot.

He had good position and an offensive charge should've been called. Also the offensive player used his left forearm to brace himself on the way up.

Folks, nobody is arguing about if it was a charge or not, or even if the dunker braced himself.

What would you do if you got dunked on like that?

It happens Rob. If you're playing linebacker and you get trucked by a rb and get knocked on your ***, do you quit? Or you're playing catcher and the runner from 3rd runs over you and you drop the ball, do you quit?

It happens Rob. If you're playing linebacker and you get trucked by a rb and get knocked on your ***, do you quit? Or you're playing catcher and the runner from 3rd runs over you and you drop the ball, do you quit?

Those things don't seem nearly as bad as a guy flying through the air, putting his Frank and Beans in your face, and dunking the ball as you fall down.

I remember when Reggie Bush got layed out by Sheldon Brown. And everybody said, did you see that. I said, did you see him get up. Take it from a guy who's best quality in sports was getting back up. If i was a father, id be much prouder of a kid who got back up or took a charge, or got dunked on because it might help the team, that any hot shot doing a 360 dunk in the open court. i guess i just hope my kid turns out to be don beebe/marcus colston or john stockton/chris paul, and not TO or allen iverson. Different values i guess. When you start doing something or not doing something in sports cause it makes or doesnt make you look cool, its time to quit.

The behind the back pass/ally from the timeline was easily the best play in that entire video.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom