What would you do if the Saints signed Winston? (1 Viewer)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Sticky Post
Taysom will have first crack at the backup job, but with Sanders signing, to fully maximize this high power offense it will require Hill getting in the field frequently, and if he is on the field frequently we will need a solid backup quarterback.

While Jameis Winston isn’t a top shelf qb, he can certainly slide into the Teddy Bridgewater spot, bringing experience and untapped potential. With him sitting behind Brees, and having Pete and Sean in his ear (rather than whoever he had in TB), he could take his game to another level. Throw in the fact that he will be coming from a division rival, it would be the complete divisional coup de grâce.

boo-boo

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
If you can get him to come in as a backup. You have the best backup in the league. He was not the problem in tb. In right situation he is a top 10 qb.
I could care less what he has done off the field in past. If he can help us win a sb i am all in.
Even if hill is the qb of the future, you dont want him a the backup. Then you loss everything else he does.
Winston could be great with the right mentors and a real game plan.

SAINTSFAN

Contributor
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

JvilleJoe

Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'd have no problem whatsoever IF he signed at the veteran minimum. The guy has some skills and could fill in nicely for a game or two if both Hill and Drew were out.

harschman

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
The more I think about it, the move I want Winston to sign and be the backup to learn from SP and DB. He just turned 26 and is barely scratching the surface of what he can do. His best football is ahead of him and he is entering his prime. Let him learn for a year or two and then let him take over for the next 10+ years. If it doesn't work out, then he's just a backup for a season or two.

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The more I think about it, the move I want Winston to sign and be the backup to learn from SP and DB. He just turned 26 and is barely scratching the surface of what he can do. His best football is ahead of him and he is entering his prime. Let him learn for a year or two and then let him take over for the next 10+ years. If it doesn't work out, then he's just a backup for a season or two.
Looking at next year QB draft prospects. It's a two man show with Lawrence and Fields. And they didn't look so hot in the playoffs. So, we may want to keep options open on the table.

Great Dane

He who dares wins
Reaction score
I would get really dissapointed. Winston is a bad decision maker and so overconfident that I think he is un-coachable

And as a father of three daugther's I do not like his history towards younger women. As an ex sergeant and true Viking I would show him "a trick or two" if he had come near any of my daughters

mdharper

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'd go to Saints' Headquarters and hunt for the seed pods Goodell and crew hid in the basement.

gregh

The Real Deal
Reaction score
maybe sitting behind someone like drew day in day out might turn on the light bulb for him, look what Taysom has done under brees. hes getting better. theyll prob get an older cheaper vet

Fiyo

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
I’d rather hope Josh Rosen ends up needing a job and take him as they Project/safety valve if Taysom doesn’t work out as a “full-time” QB

breesgirl

Practice Squad
Reaction score
He’d end up having the Steve Young career trajectory as opposed to Taysom.

Start off on a middling franchise (ironically, Tampa Bay) to back up a Hall of Famer on an all time great offense lead by one of the greatest head coach/elite qb combo of all time.

I say if he comes at the price then sign him and me up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom