What would you do if the Saints signed Winston? (1 Viewer)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Sticky Post
Taysom will have first crack at the backup job, but with Sanders signing, to fully maximize this high power offense it will require Hill getting in the field frequently, and if he is on the field frequently we will need a solid backup quarterback.

While Jameis Winston isn’t a top shelf qb, he can certainly slide into the Teddy Bridgewater spot, bringing experience and untapped potential. With him sitting behind Brees, and having Pete and Sean in his ear (rather than whoever he had in TB), he could take his game to another level. Throw in the fact that he will be coming from a division rival, it would be the complete divisional coup de grâce.

BIGRON

EASY
Reaction score
I say do it for the right price. A Taysom/Winston QB battle will be very interesting during camp. Two talented but inconsistent player with similar skill sets should push someone into being a solid player.

avlsaint55

Rookie
Reaction score
I've already posted that I don't really like Winston, however if there was a coach and a mentor who could turn around Winston and get the best out of him, it would be Payton and Brees. The risk would be really low and he is a talented young QB. If Winston matured and Payton could reign him in some on the turnovers, Winston could be an absolute stud in a Payton offense. At worst, Winston plays good in a few preseason games and some mop up duty here and there and he leaves to be a starter somewhere else like Teddy. At best, he develops to the QB he can be and he takes over in a few seasons when he would still be a young man.
I agree that Sean could coach up Winston. But we all know that the first game he throws 3 picks in the first half Sean would kick him off the bus and take his shoes

brockmeaux

I'm Batman
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
As long as it’s a reasonable backup-level contract, I’d be good with it. We need a backup. He’s got tools. He needs some coaching and guidance to clean up the mental mistakes. And if he were to get some playing time, he could perform well and either be here long term or go elsewhere for more money, in which case we’re possibly looking at another compensatory pick. There’s not a lot of downside.

saintstexcop

Veteran
Reaction score
From Metry Brah, but stuck in Cowboy Hell
Taysom will have first crack at the backup job, but with Sanders signing, to fully maximize this high power offense it will require Hill getting in the field frequently, and if he is on the field frequently we will need a solid backup quarterback.

While Jameis Winston isn’t a top shelf qb, he can certainly slide into the Teddy Bridgewater spot, bringing experience and untapped potential. With him sitting behind Brees, and having Pete and Sean in his ear (rather than whoever he had in TB), he could take his game to another level. Throw in the fact that he will be coming from a division rival, it would be the complete divisional coup de grâce.

saintstexcop

Veteran
Reaction score

saintstexcop

Veteran
Reaction score

Hey BAY BAY!!!

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I rather Cam Newton. Saints please dont sign Mr. 30 for 30 for goodness sake. Taysom will blow a gasket if that happens.

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
Reaction score
Not a big fan, but if Sean Payton thinks Jameis Winston is worth having and trying to develop, who am I to second guess it?

Reaction score

Payton got coravirus not some neurelogical disease.

Reaction score
Looking at next year QB draft prospects. It's a two man show with Lawrence and Fields. And they didn't look so hot in the playoffs. So, we may want to keep options open on the table.
I dunno. Jamie Newman is intriguing. We’ll see how he does @ GA

As for Jameis, I’d be excited honestly. I think his decision making can only get better@ this point. Now that he’s been made a league wide butt of jokes

We could do much worse that’s for sure. Ppl are excited about Hill but there’s no way of knowing he’d do any better than Jameis has done

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom