What would you do if the Saints signed Winston? (2 Viewers)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Sticky Post
Taysom will have first crack at the backup job, but with Sanders signing, to fully maximize this high power offense it will require Hill getting in the field frequently, and if he is on the field frequently we will need a solid backup quarterback.

While Jameis Winston isn’t a top shelf qb, he can certainly slide into the Teddy Bridgewater spot, bringing experience and untapped potential. With him sitting behind Brees, and having Pete and Sean in his ear (rather than whoever he had in TB), he could take his game to another level. Throw in the fact that he will be coming from a division rival, it would be the complete divisional coup de grâce.

mtq79

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I wouldn't want to bring him in as our starter (not that it would happen, just a general thought) but if he came cheap enough, ie less than what we paid Teddy, than I could see some potential to it. Guy has all the talent in the world, just lacking between the ears. There's a chance that watching Drew and working with Sean, he could limit those mistakes.

Loose Cannon

Tangibles
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
A Taysom/Winston QB battle will be very interesting during camp. Two talented but inconsistent player with similar skill sets should push someone into being a solid player.
Not even remotely similar players. One is a player who showed for about five years that he's an inaccurate passer who can't progress through his reads - who is more of a running threat than a passing threat, but not an actual QB.

The other is Jameis Winston.

No2DC

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I love Taysom, and was one of (if not the first) guy to pull for us to sign him if GB should cut him, but Winston is on a whole different level from Taysom. Taysom is a great football player, but Winston is a good quarterback.
True, but if you help the other team more than your own it kinda neutralizes your potential as a QB.

Reaction score
True, but if you help the other team more than your own it kinda neutralizes your potential as a QB.
I’m not judging Winston that much. He played really well when his team wasn’t trailing by double digits. I feel the majority of his mistakes came from him trying to play hero ball. This happens to people that are highly competitive. He tried to make plays that weren’t there because he didn’t want to lose. He’s definitely not a bad QB.

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Shirley you're not serious???

He has all the athletic ability of an elite player.............................he also has the mental capacity of a door knob!!
Sadly with the invention of smart locks he is no longer intellectually on par with even those.

Tony in Brandon

A Hotty Toddy Saints Fan!
Reaction score
To the OP, I'd throw up. Rinse my mouth out then throw up again. I haven't been eating any W's lately, but I would probably throw up some W's on my way to uncontrollable dry heaving

Hadders

Diddly Poo
Reaction score
If it's a cheap, back up type deal I wouldn't care... someone has to be the 3rd QB.

I just don't personally see it.. decision making is one of the traits Payton values the most in a QB and I'm not so sure he's going to want to coach up that project.
This. He just doesn't learn. Throwing interceptions since 2015, Pass

black_floyd

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I think Darren Sharper fulfilled our quota of sex offenders. No need to have any more for the rest of our franchise's history.
I wonder if @SonOfNOLA's facepalm on this post was because he's cool with Darren Sharper being a serial rapist or if he's offended for someone remiding y'all that Jameis might've violated a woman that was very likely much smaller than him in a confined space with no one around for her to call out to for help.

Edit: I misunderstood @SonOfNOLA's use of the facepalm reaction as him taking issue with my criticism of Sharper and Winston as opposed to him being equally disgusted at their actions as well.

Last edited:

SonOfNOLA

Run The Damn Ball
Reaction score
I wonder if @SonOfNOLA's facepalm on this post was because he's cool with Darren Sharper being a serial rapist or if he's offended for someone remiding y'all that Jameis might've violated a woman that was very likely much smaller than him in a confined space with no one around for her to call out to for help.
Or seeing a reminder of how much Sharper is a po**** rapist. I mean you could’ve just asked why I facepalmed straight up, instead of attaching me to your rapeapologist assumptions.

NOLAJM504

-McNucca-
Reaction score
Honestly, I'd follow Sean Payton into battle blindly and support him. After all these years, I believe in our leader and staff, as they continue to withstand the test of time.

black_floyd

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Or seeing a reminder of how much Sharper is a po**** rapist. I mean you could’ve just asked why I facepalmed straight up, instead of attaching me to your rapeapologist assumptions.
Oh, my bad. I honestly thought you were implying disgust at me calling both of them pieces of trash.

SoggyBottomBoy

I'm with you fellers.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Tough question. The turnovers would have to be corrected. Mixed feelings on him as a potential leader. At the moment, he doesn't seem to have that leadership "it" factor. But, he tries to take on the roll. He matures more each year and he's always been a good passer.

Bottom line, I'd probably rather pass on him with the existing makeup of the team with Drew and Taysom. And not knowing how well he'd accept a backup role for a year or two. And the price tag may be too high.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom