What would you do if the Saints signed Winston? (1 Viewer)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Sticky Post
Taysom will have first crack at the backup job, but with Sanders signing, to fully maximize this high power offense it will require Hill getting in the field frequently, and if he is on the field frequently we will need a solid backup quarterback.

While Jameis Winston isn’t a top shelf qb, he can certainly slide into the Teddy Bridgewater spot, bringing experience and untapped potential. With him sitting behind Brees, and having Pete and Sean in his ear (rather than whoever he had in TB), he could take his game to another level. Throw in the fact that he will be coming from a division rival, it would be the complete divisional coup de grâce.

SonOfNOLA

Run The Damn Ball
Reaction score
Oh, my bad. I honestly thought you were implying disgust at me calling both of them pieces of trash.
All good. Both Sharper and Winston are sexual violators going against women’s will, nothing for me to disagree there. Sharper decided to be malicious and deserves to be where he’s at.

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
All good. Both Sharper and Winston are sexual violators going against women’s will, nothing for me to disagree there. Sharper decided to be malicious and deserves to be where he’s at.
Let’s put Rapelisberger where he belongs too.
Maybe we should just hire Ray and Marvin to ‘talk’ to em. 🤔 😁

Nola20094EVA

Reaction score
Current Fanduel odds for Winston landing spot

Jameis Winston Next Team Odds
  • Jacksonville Jaguars: +200
  • New Orleans Saints: +325
  • Miami Dolphins: +350
  • Denver Broncos: +550
  • New England Patriots: +750
  • Washington Redskins: +900
  • Pittsburgh Steelers: +1000
  • Las Vegas Raiders: +1100
  • Los Angeles Chargers +1500

Loose Cannon

Tangibles
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
In all seriousness Winston signing here would be an absolute riot. From a football standpoint, I have no idea how I'd feel about it. Probably just "well, maybe the staff can do something with him". From a pure entertainment value standpoint, it'd be absolute greatness. The Taysom gang managed to be angry at a pure class incredible hard worker who saved our season in Teddy Bridgewater, they'd be absolutely savage to Winston. Then you'd get some staunch Winston folks after he lights up a preseason game or two and flashes his raw talent (which is tremendous). But unlike Teddy, I don't actually like Winston at all. I think he's a pretty terrible person and teammate.

Just the possibility of Winston being our next QB would send some people over the deep end.

It would be a donkey show and I'd love every minute of it. Where do I sign up?

ETA: I don't understand how the money would ever work though. He's going to get a decent payday - maybe $15mm/year. I'd be kinda irritated if we spent that much on him. If we are going to spend that much on a backup, it ought to have just been Teddy on a $20mm/year contract that is backloaded so he can be our starter in a year or two.

I don't see it happening. It doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

Winter

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I can't believe this is on its 7th page of responses. How 100% of responses aren't "lmao" is surprising.

And here I am bumping it up and responding... Anyone with a brain who has witnessed this guy speak, would know he is not the future of anything.

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sign anyone but Cam. If they signed Cam my head would explode, it’s a huge and misshapen head. There would be mass casualties.

OP
OP
El Caliente

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
I think that Bruce Arians is probably the best possible coach for Winston. And we saw how that ended up.

Hard pass. Let him get overpaid somewhere else.
Is he though? “Mr. No Risk it, No Biscuit” is the best head coach for Winston? His TD-INT ratio wasn’t bad until he bought into Arian’s system.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I’m not a fan...he’s an interception machine as a back up why not, I’m sure that right now nobody will give him a starting job with all the interceptions that he threw last year, okay he threw for 5000 yards but damn how many TO’s per game did he have too ? 😅

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the only reason I don’t want to sign Crablegs is because of the whole eating his fingers thing... definitely not a fan of him speaking to the team before games lol but other than that, and the incredible amount of interceptions under Arians he would be a great back up to learn under drew and Payton... he can sling it the ball, maybe that Lasik eye surgery really was the key to unlocking his full potential 😂

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom