What would you do if the Saints signed Winston? (2 Viewers)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Sticky Post
Taysom will have first crack at the backup job, but with Sanders signing, to fully maximize this high power offense it will require Hill getting in the field frequently, and if he is on the field frequently we will need a solid backup quarterback.

While Jameis Winston isn’t a top shelf qb, he can certainly slide into the Teddy Bridgewater spot, bringing experience and untapped potential. With him sitting behind Brees, and having Pete and Sean in his ear (rather than whoever he had in TB), he could take his game to another level. Throw in the fact that he will be coming from a division rival, it would be the complete divisional coup de grâce.

SonOfNOLA

Run The ******* Ball
Reaction score
Oh, my bad. I honestly thought you were implying disgust at me calling both of them pieces of trash.
All good. Both Sharper and Winston are sexual violators going against women’s will, nothing for me to disagree there. Sharper decided to be malicious and deserves to be where he’s at.

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
All good. Both Sharper and Winston are sexual violators going against women’s will, nothing for me to disagree there. Sharper decided to be malicious and deserves to be where he’s at.
Let’s put Rapelisberger where he belongs too.
Maybe we should just hire Ray and Marvin to ‘talk’ to em. ? ?

Nola20094EVA

Reaction score
Current Fanduel odds for Winston landing spot

Jameis Winston Next Team Odds
  • Jacksonville Jaguars: +200
  • New Orleans Saints: +325
  • Miami Dolphins: +350
  • Denver Broncos: +550
  • New England Patriots: +750
  • Washington Redskins: +900
  • Pittsburgh Steelers: +1000
  • Las Vegas Raiders: +1100
  • Los Angeles Chargers +1500

Loose Cannon

Tangibles
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
In all seriousness Winston signing here would be an absolute riot. From a football standpoint, I have no idea how I'd feel about it. Probably just "well, maybe the staff can do something with him". From a pure entertainment value standpoint, it'd be absolute greatness. The Taysom gang managed to be angry at a pure class incredible hard worker who saved our season in Teddy Bridgewater, they'd be absolutely savage to Winston. Then you'd get some staunch Winston folks after he lights up a preseason game or two and flashes his raw talent (which is tremendous). But unlike Teddy, I don't actually like Winston at all. I think he's a pretty terrible person and teammate.

Just the possibility of Winston being our next QB would send some people over the deep end.

It would be a donkey show and I'd love every minute of it. Where do I sign up?

ETA: I don't understand how the money would ever work though. He's going to get a decent payday - maybe $15mm/year. I'd be kinda irritated if we spent that much on him. If we are going to spend that much on a backup, it ought to have just been Teddy on a $20mm/year contract that is backloaded so he can be our starter in a year or two.

I don't see it happening. It doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

Winter

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I can't believe this is on its 7th page of responses. How 100% of responses aren't "lmao" is surprising.

And here I am bumping it up and responding... Anyone with a brain who has witnessed this guy speak, would know he is not the future of anything.

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sign anyone but Cam. If they signed Cam my head would explode, it’s a huge and misshapen head. There would be mass casualties.

albionmoonlight

Can. Shall. Will.
Reaction score
I think that Bruce Arians is probably the best possible coach for Winston. And we saw how that ended up.

Hard pass. Let him get overpaid somewhere else.

OP
El Caliente

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
I think that Bruce Arians is probably the best possible coach for Winston. And we saw how that ended up.

Hard pass. Let him get overpaid somewhere else.
Is he though? “Mr. No Risk it, No Biscuit” is the best head coach for Winston? His TD-INT ratio wasn’t bad until he bought into Arian’s system.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I’m not a fan...he’s an interception machine as a back up why not, I’m sure that right now nobody will give him a starting job with all the interceptions that he threw last year, okay he threw for 5000 yards but damn how many TO’s per game did he have too ? ?

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the only reason I don’t want to sign Crablegs is because of the whole eating his fingers thing... definitely not a fan of him speaking to the team before games lol but other than that, and the incredible amount of interceptions under Arians he would be a great back up to learn under drew and Payton... he can sling it the ball, maybe that Lasik eye surgery really was the key to unlocking his full potential ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
NFL training camps are set to begin. The coronavirus is still here. Here's how the Saints will navigate both. Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette An offseason workout helped Emmanuel Sanders get acclimated to Saints SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette First look at Tommy Stevens in New Orleans Saints uniform SR News Page Articles 0
Walker: 10 most important new faces on Saints roster to watch as training camp begins Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Rookie Saints linebacker Zack Baun changes his jersey number again SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Bennie Fowler: How the Saints WR landed in New Orleans SR News Page Articles 0
Source: Saints LS Zach Wood to be reinstated from reserve/COVID-19 list after negative tests Saints RSS News Feeds 0
ktmoze 2 Saints helped Bennie Fowler land in New Orleans Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 18
Dan in Lafayette Saints Tweets -- Saturday 8/8 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 25
Andrus Emmanuel Sanders is building chemistry with Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints offense SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus 5 things to watch for as the Saints begin the practice portion of camp SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints WR Emmanuel Sanders opens up about relationship with Drew Brees SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints long snapper Zach Wood retests negative, still in COVID-19 protocol SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints add depth at LB, sign vet free agent Nigel Bradham SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints salary cap space update after the latest signings and opt-outs SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints to activate linebacker Kaden Elliss from reserve/COVID-19 SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints announce roster moves SR News Page Articles 0
Saints announce signing of LB Nigel Bradham, activate LB Kaden Eliss from COVID-19 list Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints linebacker Kaden Ellis cleared from COVID-19 list, long snapper Zach Wood to be cleared pending second negative test Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Source: Saints LB Kaden Elliss to be reinstated from reserve/COVID-19 list Saints RSS News Feeds 0
CSC Podcast: Saints Sign Bradham, Fowler and Waive Ten Players Saints RSS News Feeds 0
4 weeks Saints Latavius Murray could be worth starting in fantasy football Saints RSS News Feeds 0
ktmoze Projecting the Tight Ends to make the Saints 53-Man Roster in 2020 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
Saints head to Chicago in Week 8 against a quarterback TBD Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Will 'playing with fire' finally burn Saints when salary cap plummets? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints place LB Kaden Eliss, long snapper Zach Wood on COVID-19/reserve list Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints place LS Zach Wood, LB Kaden Elliss on reserve/COVID-19 list Saints RSS News Feeds 0
COVID-19 deadline has passed with no additional Saints opting out Saints RSS News Feeds 0
2 Saints players put on Covid-19 list Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 71
Andrus Why Saints' Marcus Davenport will have a T.J. Watt-type edge rusher breakout season in 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus The Jenkins Effect: Veteran DBs' positive impact on the Saints Defense SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Projecting the Saints 53-Man Roster: Running Backs SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Inside Look: Saints Media Day 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Do the Saints really need to add another defensive lineman? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
After Drew Brees, how many current Saints could reach Hall of Fame? Six others, ESPN writer says Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Bruce Arians: Clock is ticking for Buccaneers to get ready for opener against Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Walker: Saints being proactive by renting Loews Hotel for players, staff during camp Saints RSS News Feeds 0
No Saints coaches have chosen to opt out, Sean Payton says Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Unsurprisingly, Saints aren't an odds-on favorite to sign Antonio Brown SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Craig Robertson impressed by Saints rookies Zack Baun, Joe Bachie SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Top 2020 training camp battles for Saints: Backup quarterback, receiver and tight end all question marks SR News Page Articles 0
El Caliente Do the Saints have the best trio of Safeties? Do the Saints have the best DB Unit? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 22
Saints QB Drew Brees may be 41, but his downfield numbers are 'still strong,' Sean Payton says Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saintsphere NFL.com does ceiling and floor for every team. Saints ceiling: 15-1; floor: 10-6. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 18
Why the New Orleans Saints could win it all, Part VIII: Cornerbacks Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints LB Demario Davis, punter Thomas Morstead virtual press conferences Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Former Saints coordinator Gregg Williams will be a head coach again Saints RSS News Feeds 0
RedJem Saints Training Camp / Daily Updates 8-5-20 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 13
Saints promote Terry Fontenot to assistant G.M. of pro personnel Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints promote Terry Fontenot to Vice President/Assistant GM of Pro Personnel Saints RSS News Feeds 0