What would you do if the Saints signed Winston? (2 Viewers)

If there was a coach and a mentor who could turn around Winston and get the best out of him, it would be Payton and Brees. The risk would be really low and he is a talented young QB. If Winston matured and Payton could reign him in some on the turnovers, Winston could be an absolute stud in a Payton offense. At worst, Winston plays good in a few preseason games and some mop up duty here and there and he leaves to be a starter somewhere else like Teddy. At best, he develops to the QB he can be and he takes over in a few seasons when he would still be a young man.

Last edited:
Taysom will have first crack at the backup job, but with Sanders signing, to fully maximize this high power offense it will require Hill getting in the field frequently, and if he is on the field frequently we will need a solid backup quarterback.

While Jameis Winston isn’t a top shelf qb, he can certainly slide into the Teddy Bridgewater spot, bringing experience and untapped potential. With him sitting behind Brees, and having Pete and Sean in his ear (rather than whoever he had in TB), he could take his game to another level. Throw in the fact that he will be coming from a division rival, it would be the complete divisional coup de grâce.

people kill me with blind hate. This guy has played for one of the WORST owners in all of football with zero consistency, a snake for an offensive coordinator then turned coach, zero o line his entire duration, no run game, porous defense every year, needed eye surgery, and STILL went out and improved each year. I would be ecstatic to have him as the heir to brees. Matter of fact I feel he could be much better than teddy and I loved teddy in this offense.

Taysom will have first crack at the backup job, but with Sanders signing, to fully maximize this high power offense it will require Hill getting in the field frequently, and if he is on the field frequently we will need a solid backup quarterback.

While Jameis Winston isn’t a top shelf qb, he can certainly slide into the Teddy Bridgewater spot, bringing experience and untapped potential. With him sitting behind Brees, and having Pete and Sean in his ear (rather than whoever he had in TB), he could take his game to another level. Throw in the fact that he will be coming from a division rival, it would be the complete divisional coup de grâce.
Honestly I think it would be an underrated move. I read that this offseason he got his vision fixed. No wonder the dude has been throwing into double coverage he couldn’t see lol

Let's be realistic here. If Winston is signed to the Saints he's the heir to Brees. He threw for 5,000 yards with bad eyes and no pass protection. Sean Payton would turn him into a star.

I agree with this if the Saints signed him. I respect the ability of our front office and coaching staff. I think Winston would be a potential great signing for the Saints.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom