What would you do if the Saints signed Winston? (1 Viewer)

Let's be realistic here. If Winston is signed to the Saints he's the heir to Brees. He threw for 5,000 yards with bad eyes and no pass protection. Sean Payton would turn him into a star.
Winston is a blind Peyton Manning stuck within a horrible organization. He is that talented. I feel he would be a safe bet on a career resurgence with the right fit

If you can get him to come in as a backup. You have the best backup in the league. He was not the problem in tb. In right situation he is a top 10 qb.
I could care less what he has done off the field in past. If he can help us win a sb i am all in.
Even if hill is the qb of the future, you dont want him a the backup. Then you loss everything else he does.
Winston could be great with the right mentors and a real game plan.

I'd have no problem whatsoever IF he signed at the veteran minimum. The guy has some skills and could fill in nicely for a game or two if both Hill and Drew were out.

The more I think about it, the move I want Winston to sign and be the backup to learn from SP and DB. He just turned 26 and is barely scratching the surface of what he can do. His best football is ahead of him and he is entering his prime. Let him learn for a year or two and then let him take over for the next 10+ years. If it doesn't work out, then he's just a backup for a season or two.

The more I think about it, the move I want Winston to sign and be the backup to learn from SP and DB. He just turned 26 and is barely scratching the surface of what he can do. His best football is ahead of him and he is entering his prime. Let him learn for a year or two and then let him take over for the next 10+ years. If it doesn't work out, then he's just a backup for a season or two.
Looking at next year QB draft prospects. It's a two man show with Lawrence and Fields. And they didn't look so hot in the playoffs. So, we may want to keep options open on the table.

I would get really dissapointed. Winston is a bad decision maker and so overconfident that I think he is un-coachable

And as a father of three daugther's I do not like his history towards younger women. As an ex sergeant and true Viking I would show him "a trick or two" if he had come near any of my daughters

I'd go to Saints' Headquarters and hunt for the seed pods Goodell and crew hid in the basement.

maybe sitting behind someone like drew day in day out might turn on the light bulb for him, look what Taysom has done under brees. hes getting better. theyll prob get an older cheaper vet

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom