What would you do if the Saints signed Winston? (1 Viewer)

giphy.gif

I’d rather hope Josh Rosen ends up needing a job and take him as they Project/safety valve if Taysom doesn’t work out as a “full-time” QB

He’d end up having the Steve Young career trajectory as opposed to Taysom.

Start off on a middling franchise (ironically, Tampa Bay) to back up a Hall of Famer on an all time great offense lead by one of the greatest head coach/elite qb combo of all time.

I say if he comes at the price then sign him and me up.

I say do it for the right price. A Taysom/Winston QB battle will be very interesting during camp. Two talented but inconsistent player with similar skill sets should push someone into being a solid player.

I've already posted that I don't really like Winston, however if there was a coach and a mentor who could turn around Winston and get the best out of him, it would be Payton and Brees. The risk would be really low and he is a talented young QB. If Winston matured and Payton could reign him in some on the turnovers, Winston could be an absolute stud in a Payton offense. At worst, Winston plays good in a few preseason games and some mop up duty here and there and he leaves to be a starter somewhere else like Teddy. At best, he develops to the QB he can be and he takes over in a few seasons when he would still be a young man.
I agree that Sean could coach up Winston. But we all know that the first game he throws 3 picks in the first half Sean would kick him off the bus and take his shoes

Believe me, you don't want someone like Winston around your locker room.

As long as it’s a reasonable backup-level contract, I’d be good with it. We need a backup. He’s got tools. He needs some coaching and guidance to clean up the mental mistakes. And if he were to get some playing time, he could perform well and either be here long term or go elsewhere for more money, in which case we’re possibly looking at another compensatory pick. There’s not a lot of downside.

Taysom will have first crack at the backup job, but with Sanders signing, to fully maximize this high power offense it will require Hill getting in the field frequently, and if he is on the field frequently we will need a solid backup quarterback.

While Jameis Winston isn’t a top shelf qb, he can certainly slide into the Teddy Bridgewater spot, bringing experience and untapped potential. With him sitting behind Brees, and having Pete and Sean in his ear (rather than whoever he had in TB), he could take his game to another level. Throw in the fact that he will be coming from a division rival, it would be the complete divisional coup de grâce.

Taysom will have first crack at the backup job, but with Sanders signing, to fully maximize this high power offense it will require Hill getting in the field frequently, and if he is on the field frequently we will need a solid backup quarterback.

While Jameis Winston isn’t a top shelf qb, he can certainly slide into the Teddy Bridgewater spot, bringing experience and untapped potential. With him sitting behind Brees, and having Pete and Sean in his ear (rather than whoever he had in TB), he could take his game to another level. Throw in the fact that he will be coming from a division rival, it would be the complete divisional coup de grâce.

I rather Cam Newton. Saints please dont sign Mr. 30 for 30 for goodness sake. Taysom will blow a gasket if that happens.

Not a big fan, but if Sean Payton thinks Jameis Winston is worth having and trying to develop, who am I to second guess it?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom