What would you do if the Saints signed Winston? (3 Viewers)

Taysom will have first crack at the backup job, but with Sanders signing, to fully maximize this high power offense it will require Hill getting in the field frequently, and if he is on the field frequently we will need a solid backup quarterback.

While Jameis Winston isn’t a top shelf qb, he can certainly slide into the Teddy Bridgewater spot, bringing experience and untapped potential. With him sitting behind Brees, and having Pete and Sean in his ear (rather than whoever he had in TB), he could take his game to another level. Throw in the fact that he will be coming from a division rival, it would be the complete divisional coup de grâce.
Payton got coravirus not some neurelogical disease.

Looking at next year QB draft prospects. It's a two man show with Lawrence and Fields. And they didn't look so hot in the playoffs. So, we may want to keep options open on the table.

I dunno. Jamie Newman is intriguing. We’ll see how he does @ GA

As for Jameis, I’d be excited honestly. I think his decision making can only get better@ this point. Now that he’s been made a league wide butt of jokes

We could do much worse that’s for sure. Ppl are excited about Hill but there’s no way of knowing he’d do any better than Jameis has done

I wouldn't want to bring him in as our starter (not that it would happen, just a general thought) but if he came cheap enough, ie less than what we paid Teddy, than I could see some potential to it. Guy has all the talent in the world, just lacking between the ears. There's a chance that watching Drew and working with Sean, he could limit those mistakes.

I'd make him play special teams and wash Taysom's and Drew's jocks after every practice... Too much?

A Taysom/Winston QB battle will be very interesting during camp. Two talented but inconsistent player with similar skill sets should push someone into being a solid player.

Not even remotely similar players. One is a player who showed for about five years that he's an inaccurate passer who can't progress through his reads - who is more of a running threat than a passing threat, but not an actual QB.

The other is Jameis Winston.

I love Taysom, and was one of (if not the first) guy to pull for us to sign him if GB should cut him, but Winston is on a whole different level from Taysom. Taysom is a great football player, but Winston is a good quarterback.

I love Taysom, and was one of (if not the first) guy to pull for us to sign him if GB should cut him, but Winston is on a whole different level from Taysom. Taysom is a great football player, but Winston is a good quarterback.
True, but if you help the other team more than your own it kinda neutralizes your potential as a QB.

True, but if you help the other team more than your own it kinda neutralizes your potential as a QB.
I’m not judging Winston that much. He played really well when his team wasn’t trailing by double digits. I feel the majority of his mistakes came from him trying to play hero ball. This happens to people that are highly competitive. He tried to make plays that weren’t there because he didn’t want to lose. He’s definitely not a bad QB.

To the OP, I'd throw up. Rinse my mouth out then throw up again. I haven't been eating any W's lately, but I would probably throw up some W's on my way to uncontrollable dry heaving

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom