What would you do if the Saints signed Winston? (2 Viewers)

If it's a cheap, back up type deal I wouldn't care... someone has to be the 3rd QB.

I just don't personally see it.. decision making is one of the traits Payton values the most in a QB and I'm not so sure he's going to want to coach up that project.

This. He just doesn't learn. Throwing interceptions since 2015, Pass

I think Darren Sharper fulfilled our quota of sex offenders. No need to have any more for the rest of our franchise's history.

I wonder if @SonOfNOLA's facepalm on this post was because he's cool with Darren Sharper being a serial rapist or if he's offended for someone remiding y'all that Jameis might've violated a woman that was very likely much smaller than him in a confined space with no one around for her to call out to for help.

Edit: I misunderstood @SonOfNOLA's use of the facepalm reaction as him taking issue with my criticism of Sharper and Winston as opposed to him being equally disgusted at their actions as well.

Last edited:
I wonder if @SonOfNOLA's facepalm on this post was because he's cool with Darren Sharper being a serial rapist or if he's offended for someone remiding y'all that Jameis might've violated a woman that was very likely much smaller than him in a confined space with no one around for her to call out to for help.

Or seeing a reminder of how much Sharper is a po**** rapist. I mean you could’ve just asked why I facepalmed straight up, instead of attaching me to your rapeapologist assumptions.

Honestly, I'd follow Sean Payton into battle blindly and support him. After all these years, I believe in our leader and staff, as they continue to withstand the test of time.

Or seeing a reminder of how much Sharper is a po**** rapist. I mean you could’ve just asked why I facepalmed straight up, instead of attaching me to your rapeapologist assumptions.

Oh, my bad. I honestly thought you were implying disgust at me calling both of them pieces of trash.

Tough question. The turnovers would have to be corrected. Mixed feelings on him as a potential leader. At the moment, he doesn't seem to have that leadership "it" factor. But, he tries to take on the roll. He matures more each year and he's always been a good passer.

Bottom line, I'd probably rather pass on him with the existing makeup of the team with Drew and Taysom. And not knowing how well he'd accept a backup role for a year or two. And the price tag may be too high.

All good. Both Sharper and Winston are sexual violators going against women’s will, nothing for me to disagree there. Sharper decided to be malicious and deserves to be where he’s at.

Let’s put Rapelisberger where he belongs too.
Maybe we should just hire Ray and Marvin to ‘talk’ to em. ? ?

Current Fanduel odds for Winston landing spot

Jameis Winston Next Team Odds
  • Jacksonville Jaguars: +200
  • New Orleans Saints: +325
  • Miami Dolphins: +350
  • Denver Broncos: +550
  • New England Patriots: +750
  • Washington Redskins: +900
  • Pittsburgh Steelers: +1000
  • Las Vegas Raiders: +1100
  • Los Angeles Chargers +1500

In all seriousness Winston signing here would be an absolute riot. From a football standpoint, I have no idea how I'd feel about it. Probably just "well, maybe the staff can do something with him". From a pure entertainment value standpoint, it'd be absolute greatness. The Taysom gang managed to be angry at a pure class incredible hard worker who saved our season in Teddy Bridgewater, they'd be absolutely savage to Winston. Then you'd get some staunch Winston folks after he lights up a preseason game or two and flashes his raw talent (which is tremendous). But unlike Teddy, I don't actually like Winston at all. I think he's a pretty terrible person and teammate.

Just the possibility of Winston being our next QB would send some people over the deep end.

It would be a donkey show and I'd love every minute of it. Where do I sign up?

ETA: I don't understand how the money would ever work though. He's going to get a decent payday - maybe $15mm/year. I'd be kinda irritated if we spent that much on him. If we are going to spend that much on a backup, it ought to have just been Teddy on a $20mm/year contract that is backloaded so he can be our starter in a year or two.

I don't see it happening. It doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
I can't believe this is on its 7th page of responses. How 100% of responses aren't "lmao" is surprising.

And here I am bumping it up and responding... Anyone with a brain who has witnessed this guy speak, would know he is not the future of anything.

Sign anyone but Cam. If they signed Cam my head would explode, it’s a huge and misshapen head. There would be mass casualties.

I think that Bruce Arians is probably the best possible coach for Winston. And we saw how that ended up.

Hard pass. Let him get overpaid somewhere else.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom