What would you do if you were Drew Brees teammate? (1 Viewer)

Since when does standing for your flag and country become a race problem? This is a forked up country and times we are living in. All of this virtue signaling and “systemic racism” bullshirt is ridiculous. Last I checked, Drew has a right to have an opinion. This board is full of left leaning dumbarses. How we are not laughing in the face of black millionaires claiming to be oppressed because of race is beyond me. Everyone has a fair shake.. stop looking for excuses as to why you don’t have what other people have. Stop having children out of wedlock with multiple fathers who dont stick around to teach their children how to be a man. Lets start with that... work hard for what you want, set your goals high if you want nice things. Quit forking whining

mods, please delete my account. Thank you
Yea again like many others your all over the place none of what you just wrote has anything to do what's going on right now with the protest and you've just made yourself look like a complete stereotypical idiot. Everything you've wrote can apply to any man or race on the planet not blacks in which you referring to. That's the issue you come on here and write stuff like this and don't know anything and its a big part of the problem how blacks are looked at. Very sad way of thinking and you wonder why most have racism as the #1 issue in america. You guys rather make a fuss over a flag and trying to protect drew's imagine rather than talking about the issue at hand a man was murdered in broad day light by a cop, it could have been a neighbor of yours or friend(maybe not) point is it's happen to many time. but please by all means keep talking and writing this is a good thing let the world know how you really feel.

Last edited:
I didn't bother reading this whole thread, but there is only one obvious answer. Instead of grandstanding on social media, speak to your teammate directly.

In "ancient" times people kept dissenting opinion in check through ostracization. Today, it is done through social media. It is horrifyingly effective. Free speech is a political nonentity in such environments. The sad reality is that social media is only a small segment of the overall society. If you doubt that then you must not realize that SR represents only a very small fraction of the total Saints fans.

This is an honest question, because I want to “get it.” What in Drew’s comments was so wrong? I TOTALLY agree his timing was bad and it was a bit tone deaf. Having said that he never criticized anyone for fighting for social injustice. My takeaway was he didn’t believe in kneeing as a means of protest and felt it was disrespecting the flag. Kap has said he had no respect for the flag. People are out there (that don’t know him or what he has done for the city calling him a racist and assassinating his character. The whole thing is pretty disgusting.
The issue is using words like "disrespect" in equalization to kneeling during the protest and then his supporting argument being how it goes against veterans is the problem. Kaep isn't kneeling to disrespect the country. He's not kneeling to disrespect veterans. He kneeled to raise awareness to racial inequality and police brutality in America. Protests aren't suppose to be comfortable. Him linking arms with players and signing "Kumbaya" would have had people forget what his message or purpose was within weeks. He chose to make a profound statement. So he sat on the bench during the anthem and then a VETERAN told Colin it would be more respectable if he kneeled instead.

But rhetoric like what Brees said yesterday discredits what the message is suppose to be about (racial inequality and police brutality) and turns to "Who cares what he's protesting, how dare he disrespect the flag and the veterans and military"

If I was Drew's teammate...I would know the character of this man and how humble he is and that he doesn't have a racist bone in his body. That he loves his country, its people (regardless of color)and the military. I would realize that he has done more for this city and its black community than I myself have done. I damn sure wouldn't get on twitter and cry crocodile tears and pretend that I (as a multimillionaire) am some sort of marginalized human being after I "take my pads off" who is afraid to walk around the streets safely. And I damn sure wouldn't tell him to "shut the F up".

I would drink a beer with Brees and tell him lets go win this superbowl

It doesn't get any better than Drew Brees. The only improvement I can think of is to stick to his convictions and not bow to those who disagree with him.

This kind of response is garbage. Only you get to speak and not get labeled. Now standing up for your country and flag is racist. Wow. Nice. That says a lot about you.

I was labeled the day I was born into this white supremacists country.

Tell me, how does telling what you believe the flag means to you say you're a racist?

When you see a man lose his career for kneeling because if systemic racism and police violence and literally see it practiced with an officer kneeling on a black mans neck in front of a crowd for over 7minutes with no remorse and your still talking about a flag....your probably a racist or least of all bigoted.

Usually when issues of race occur there are different views and opinions. And this is no different. I've read many of a lot of your reactions to Brees and Jenkins statements. My question is if you were Brees teammate how would you truly feel and what would you do about it?

I would do exactly the same thing his teammates did. Seems like it's been handled in house and now move on. Hopefully all is forgiven and some growth has taken place.

This kind of response is garbage. Only you get to speak and not get labeled. Now standing up for your country and flag is racist. Wow. Nice. That says a lot about you.

Brother it isn't racist but if someone is telling you that it isn't about the flag and you continue to be tone deaf then something is wrong. The whole flag deal was created to separate the real reason. It was never about the flag to begin with. It's all about making America and the world a better place for everybody. That's all. We have a long way to go but I believe we will get there. We have to. We are stronger TOGETHER. We can be so much greater if we sit down and listen.

I was labeled the day I was born into this white supremacists country.

Ive seen quite a few of your posts and all I can surmise is that Martin Luther King Jr. would be disgusted and ashamed of you.

If you have it so bad here in America...there is nothing keeping you here, you are free to leave...go find your utopia.

I see people keep saying that it's not about the flag, but to me the fact that it was happening during the National Anthem makes it about the flag. In my mind it's kind of like being in a courtroom and the judge walks in and they say, "Everyone, please rise" and you don't and say I'm peacefully protesting. You can say it's not about the judge all you want, but its still disrespectful to him.

Ive seen quite a few of your posts and all I can surmise is that Martin Luther King Jr. would be disgusted and ashamed of you.

If you have it so bad here in America...there is nothing keeping you here, you are free to leave...go find your utopia.
So just to be clear, you (presumably a white man) are telling meily (presumably a black man), that if he doesn't like life in a country built on a history of white supremacy, HE should go somewhere else?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom