What would you do in this situation? (1 Viewer)

coldseat

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Report: Yong Jets Fan Roughed Up.

An 8-year-old New York Jets fan was tackled by an adult Browns fan after Sunday's game, according to a television station in Cleveland.

The boy went to the game at Cleveland Browns Stadium in a Jets jersey with his father, who was born in New York. Much to the chagrin of the local crowd, the Jets rallied for a 26-20 overtime victory. The boy's mother, identified only as Danielle by ABC affiliate WEWS because she didn't want to reveal her last name, said the fans in the stadium were great, but things got out of control after the game.

"Calling him a bad word, to my husband and to my son, throwing food at them," she said, according to WEWS.

When the family reached the parking lot, the situation got uglier.

"As [my husband] was walking, holding my son's hand, a guy from behind tackled him. A drunken Browns fan tackled him and pulled him out of his dad's hand. He was on the ground crying," Danielle said, according to the station.

The boy was left with a scraped and bruised ankle. The mother said her husband didn't call police, opting instead to quickly get in the car and leave. When reached by the television station, Browns vice president of media relations Neal Gulkis called the situation unfortunate and disappointing and said the team is looking into the matter.

link

As a father, how would you have reacted in this situation?

I definitely understand the need to get his son and wife out of harms way. But after getting my son and wife in the car and having her call the police, I would have commenced to beating the drunk guy who tackled my kid. I do this with the full understanding that I may be attacked by a gang of people, but there is no way some spineless prick is going to tackle my kid and have no repercussions. I just don't think I would be able to control the anger and the need to protect my family that would come over me at that point.

BTW, WTH is up with a Browns fan tackling a kid? How is that even considered by the most ignorant person in the most drunken of states? :jpshakehead:

link

As a father, how would you have reacted in this situation?

I definitely understand the need to get his son and wife out of harms way. But after getting my son and wife in the car and having her call the police, I would have commenced to beating the drunk guy who tackled my kid. I do this with the full understanding that I may be attacked by a gang of people, but there is no way some spineless prick is going to tackle my kid and have no repercussions. I just don't think I would be able to control the anger and the need to protect my family that would come over me at that point.

BTW, WTH is up with a Browns fan tackling a kid? How is that even considered by the most ignorant person in the most drunken of states? :jpshakehead:

In this order:
“Wife take him and get in the car now!”
Me: walk right up punch him directly in the throat….he gasp…I take my right hand and bring his face toward my knee which is in turn coming up for destructive contact to his nose/teeth……then slam him to ground and bash his face into the pavement 3 times. Most situations like this, or similar experiences I have had will NOT result in people jumping in because most in general will just stand by and watch not wanting to engage especially if you have a psychotic demeanor about you. I like my chances

In this order:
Me: walk right up punch him directly in the throat….he gasp…I take my right hand and bring his face toward my knee which is in turn coming up for destructive contact to his nose/teeth……then slam him to ground and bash his face into the pavement 3 times. Most situations like this, or similar experiences I have had will NOT result in people jumping in because most in general will just stand by and watch not wanting to engage especially if you have a psychotic demeanor about you. I like my chances

You're applying logic to a bunch of people tormenting a kid for wearing the wrong jersey.

I would've done exactly what he did. My luck, I'd get shot and my kid would grow up with no dad.

Nope, time to head to the car. A one-on-one situation would be entirely different, I assure you. This guy doesn't start fights with groups of people. Not anymore :covri:

3 little guys > 1 big guy. Any day of the week. The movies lie. Kid shouldn't have to see that.

1. Take a dump on myself.
2. Remove excrement from trousers.
3. Smear chud all over myself.
4. Attack said moron while covered in dump.
5. He will most likely not fight back for fear of getting doo doo butter on himself.
6. Friends will also be unlikely to jump in for fear of dookie stained hands or clothes.
7. Win fight.

You're applying logic to a bunch of people tormenting a kid for wearing the wrong jersey.

I would've done exactly what he did. My luck, I'd get shot and my kid would grow up with no dad.

Nope, time to head to the car. A one-on-one situation would be entirely different, I assure you. This guy doesn't start fights with groups of people. Not anymore :covri:

3 little guys > 1 big guy. Any day of the week. The movies lie. Kid shouldn't have to see that.

I have had an experience with this and my kids during Mardi Gras and the above is what took place. I am not saying it will always work out, but MOST times it is one idiot in the group and his buddies will not join in.

In this order:
I have had an experience with this and my kids during Mardi Gras and the above is what took place. I am not saying it will always work out, but MOST times it is one idiot in the group and his buddies will not join in.

These people live in Cleveland. They will do just about anything to bring about the sweet release of death, either for themselves or for another poor soul so cursed to be there. But they do have the Rock 'n Roll museum, so there's that...

My heart says, stomp his ******* guts out.....My brain says, get the wife and kid out of there, and call the cops.....

In this order:

You're an idiot then.

"Wife, clearly we're in a dangerous situation, so take the child and you two, unaccompanied and unprotected, make your way as best as you can to the car where you will then have no idea when and if I'll return and possibly not be able to contact me as I might get beaten to a pulp and/or arrested"

If you have a wife and kid your first responsibility is to protect your wife and kid and get them out of a dangerous situation as safely and quickly as possible. Trying to kick the dude's *** may be satisfying, but it's also ******* selfish.

In this order:
Me: walk right up punch him directly in the throat….he gasp…I take my right hand and bring his face toward my knee which is in turn coming up for destructive contact to his nose/teeth……
repressed homosexuality. why must we hide our emotions mr macho man?

You're an idiot then.

"Wife, clearly we're in a dangerous situation, so take the child and you two, unaccompanied and unprotected, make your way as best as you can to the car where you will then have no idea when and if I'll return and possibly not be able to contact me as I might get beaten to a pulp and/or arrested"

If you have a wife and kid your first responsibility is to protect your wife and kid and get them out of a dangerous situation as safely and quickly as possible. Trying to kick the dude's *** may be satisfying, but it's also ******* selfish.

Well,
We all have our own way of handling situations and maybe being to prideful and arrogant in some instances may be my downfall one day. Bottom line if I can defend my country in a more austere and dangerous environment than that of a drunk moron at a Cleveland’s game than I sure as hell can defend my child. Not only can I, but it is my obligation as a man and his protector to do so until my last breath regardless of how trivial YOU may deem that situation. Agree to disagree

Well,
We all have our own way of handling situations and maybe being to prideful and arrogant in some instances may be my downfall one day. Bottom line if I can defend my country in a more austere and dangerous environment than that of a drunk moron at a Cleveland’s game than I sure as hell can defend my child. Not only can I, but it is my obligation as a man and his protector to do so until my last breath regardless of how trivial YOU may deem that situation. Agree to disagree

But you aren't protecting him. You're sending him off with his mother, your wife, by themselves, while you stay behind and focus on a dumb drunk.

I hope I have the presence of mind to stay with my wife and child in such a situation rather then focusing my attention on some drunk ******* and leaving them unattended.

Follow him home and stake out his house for about a week from across the street. Then throw a garbage can through his window while he and his family are watching TV and scream "WOLVERINES!!!!!" (RIP Swayze) before running off into the night.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom