What would you do with 20M in cap space? (1 Viewer)

Also I wouldnt want to save it because brees only has so many years left, i say we go all out and try to make a superbowl this year, also we have vengeance on our side and brees is out to prove something, ed reed would prob sign with us on the cheap too cuz hes from here

Frontload a new deal for Jimmy. Grab Asomugha and, depending on price, Harrison. Hope like hell we can either draft a LT or get Bushrod back.

We'd still have to sign or replace Bushrod, Smith, Harper and Vilma. I don't know if Harrison is an inside LB or outside LB, so I don't know if he'd replace Vilma, but we'd need to replace the guys we let go, especially at LT

We could backload the Graham contract and have enough to sign Bushrod. All leftover cap space should go to Brees for future relief.

Then we'd still need an inside LB to replace Vilma, even just for a backup if Hawthorne and Lofton are the inside LBs.

I'd sign larry grant for cheap, he looked very good when replacing pat willis and would give us good depth, he would be better than vilma as an ILB in a 3-4

We can save another 2 million if we cut Herring.

So, we'll be addressing all the needs of the team with 5 draft picks?

Well from what I understand, if we cut Smith and Vilma ONLY, we would have about $14 million in cap space. James Harrison would immediately be a starter and you better believe his presemce will be known. We would still need to fill Smith's shoes, but we can do that in the draft, possibly. Our D-line is pretty much set with the starters being Bunkley, Jordan and Hicks. Add in one of these top draft prospects and we have a pretty decent rotation. We still have guys like Walker and Romeus who we haven't seen much of. Walker has impressed me though.

But man, there is no denying what you will get with a guy like James Harrison. That dude is a straight up BEAST. He needs New Orleans as much as New Orleans needs him. I'm sorry but he would be the best LB to wear the black & gold since the dome patrol days. Give me James Harrison. Figure out the rest later.

If jake long would only cost a little more than bushrod i would DEFINETLY spend the extra on him.

james harrison, jake long, eric winston, keenan, lewis, larry grant, holy cow batman

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom