What would you do/ (1 Viewer)

What would you do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Staph, at some point, you may be offered a % disability retirement. I know several folks who took a 75% disability rather than stick it out.

Keep in mind, a disabililty retirement is nontaxable. A regular retirement is fully taxable.

Have you put a pencil to that? What are your thoughts?

I'm five years removed from the issue, so I'll bow to anybody with more current info.
I'm not sure what type, if any, disability I'll get.
I've been told by a couple of older retirees that the disc surgey I had is likely to get me 50%. I have tinnitus so that should get 10% by itself. I have flat feet as well. So flat that when I had a doc look at them last month he went and found seven (7!) residents and said " take a lookt at this! These are the flattest feet you will ever see!". He then spent 25 minutes showing them my feet and explaining the abnormal bone structure to them.
Probably no disability though.
Just so I'm not misunderstood here, I would like nothing more than to pass a damn fitness test and get out with no disability at all than to go through all this.
I feel like a piece of **** that's just trying to be lazy.

When I was discharged from the AF a few years ago, you had the option of doing either the run or the walk when it came to PT. Do you still have a choice or have they changed the standards since then?

I'm not sure what type, if any, disability I'll get.
I've been told by a couple of older retirees that the disc surgey I had is likely to get me 50%. I have tinnitus so that should get 10% by itself. I have flat feet as well. So flat that when I had a doc look at them last month he went and found seven (7!) residents and said " take a lookt at this! These are the flattest feet you will ever see!". He then spent 25 minutes showing them my feet and explaining the abnormal bone structure to them.
Probably no disability though.
Just so I'm not misunderstood here, I would like nothing more than to pass a damn fitness test and get out with no disability at all than to go through all this.
I feel like a piece of **** that's just trying to be lazy.
Dude...don't make me reach through this computer screen and choke you down.

Lazy?!?!

Puh-leeze.

Believe me bro...when I'm finished with my service, I'm going to get the mega-physical. Between the loss of hearing, the screwed up left wrist, the shoulder problems, the back problems, and the tenacious hold on sanity I still maintain I'm going to get some sort of service related disability pay. And I'm not going to feel the least bit bad about it. It's not as if you or I are going to be able to depend on the VA to make good on the gubment's promises to take care of those of us who give up 2 decades+ of our lives in the service of our country.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom