What would you give up for Aaron Rodgers? (1 Viewer)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
I know that Aaron Rodgers didn’t want his desire to leave GB to go off like a fart in church, but here we are. The Packers will do everything in their power to keep him, force him to retire, or trade him to an AFC team, but they are going to have to make a move.

Given what we know about Rodgers, Winston, and Hill, it would foolish not to call the Packers and at least make a pitch. Landing Rodgers puts you in a better position than you had over the last 3 years with Brees, and makes you an instant Super Bowl contender.

So if you are Mickey Loomis, when you get Brian Gutekunst on the phone, what are you pitching him?

I was going to say that I would give up a bag of beignets and a muffuletta from Central Grocery to Green Bay for Rodgers, but the Packers wouldn't have any extra olive salad at home, so I'd keep the sandwich for myself.

I know that Aaron Rodgers didn’t want his desire to leave GB to go off like a fart in church, but here we are. The Packers will do everything in their power to keep him, force him to retire, or trade him to an AFC team, but they are going to have to make a move.

Given what we know about Rodgers, Winston, and Hill, it would foolish not to call the Packers and at least make a pitch. Landing Rodgers puts you in a better position than you had over the last 3 years with Brees, and makes you an instant Super Bowl contender.

So if you are Mickey Loomis, when you get Brian Gutekunst on the phone, what are you pitching him?
I'd give your left ...

1620184474465.png

Not what it would take to land him. The fact is we aren’t in a salary cap position to tool up for a run with an aging QB in his window. That’s what we tried to do the last 3 years, and now we need to build a good young team.

I’m not sold on Jameis as the answer, but he’s 27. We have time to build a team that can compete with him or draft someone if he bombs. We wouldn’t have the cap space to stay consistently competitive over the next 3 years with Rodgers at the helm and you don’t give up that kings ransom unless you can.

Last edited:
him coming to N.O would not make the Saints SuperBowl contenders. Packers would want something else besides draft picks considering the draft has already occured.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom