What would you give up for Aaron Rodgers? (1 Viewer)

Being reported that they want to first rounders and a second rounder. Despite what anyone says about Aaron Rodgers he’s a hell of a football player and would be a huge upgrade the Saints would be a high pick to go to the Super Bowl with him his quarterback.

So with Aaron Rodgers we’d be giving away a bottom bottom pick in the first for two years in a bottom pick in the second for one year to me it’s a no-brainer I’m on the phone now saying to have it take it

You are assuming that GB won't have better offers. There have been plenty of teams that draft much earlier than we do on an annual basis. Since 2018 our draft position has been in the mid-late 20's (we traded up from 27 in 2018). We simply don't have the draft capital (top 15 pick or lower) that a whole lot of other QB starved teams have....

TBH - I wouldn't do it even if we did. I think a lot of folks underestimate how good the core of this team can be. If we are going to give up draft pics for a QB, I'd rather it be the young QB on a cheap rookie contract that gives us flexibility for multiple years. Instead of giving it up for a QB on the downside of his career, hoping he stays healthy and taking a huge cap hit to have him on the roster....Just sayin.....

But all worth it if we win another SB or 2. You have to take into account our roster will not always be this good.
You are assuming that GB won't have better offers. There have been plenty of teams that draft much earlier than we do on an annual basis. Since 2018 our draft position has been in the mid-late 20's (we traded up from 27 in 2018). We simply don't have the draft capital (top 15 pick or lower) that a whole lot of other QB starved teams have....

TBH - I wouldn't do it even if we did. I think a lot of folks underestimate how good the core of this team can be. If we are going to give up draft pics for a QB, I'd rather it be the young QB on a cheap rookie contract that gives us flexibility for multiple years. Instead of giving it up for a QB on the downside of his career, hoping he stays healthy and taking a huge cap hit to have him on the roster....Just sayin.....

But all worth it if we win another SB or 2. You have to take into account our roster will not always be this good.

See, this is where we differ.

1) I think our drafts will continue to be good-great with Ireland on board.
2) People assume that this 38 year old QB will be completely healthy for a SB year or 2....
3)I think that is a risky assumption to make, especially considering how expensive he is going to be (in both draft capital and cap space)....

Folks are free to wish/hope this is going to happen and if healthy he would definitely make us a strong contender but it's not a path I want us to go down....

Don't do it.

The Saints have enough good players that Jamis should be able to pop off this season.

You don't need A-Rod, nor can you afford him.

Nothing. Next year when his contract is up he’ll be begging Sean Payton to sign him

I can’t imagine going into the season with Winston starting. I always pulled for him to be healthy when he played for Tampa

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom