What would you rather? (1 Viewer)

League MVP or not and does it matter to you?

• Drew wins the league MVP with the team on his back and wins the Superbowl.

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • No MVP because we win with balance and win the Superbowl.

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Don't care either way, just win the Superbowl!

Votes: 59 85.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lee Newell

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Drew Brees might not win the MVP award this year. I am fine with that. The reason that I think he won't is because we are running the ball down people's throat now. Would you rather we cut back on the runs so Drew can do it with his arm or do it with the total team concept? Just asking because so many people including me, wants to see Drew with the league MVP award.

Team concept. I would love for Drew to get MVP, but look at last year. He had a great year and where did we go, nowhere. I think Drew would give up all his numbers to get a championship.

It's not an either or.

As long as Drew is passing the ball well, he'll put up huge numbers. Payton is never going to default to the run if the pass is working, i.e. games 1 and 2.

There are enough yards to go around. He won't win the MVP though. Peyton Manning is carrying his team right now, which has no running game and a suspect defense.

I'd love to see him get it, but I'd rather see us continue to win games by whatever method we need, regardless if it's passing or running.

Team comes first.

Drew Brees might not win the MVP award this year. I am fine with that. The reason that I think he won't is because we are running the ball down people's throat now. Would you rather we cut back on the runs so Drew can do it with his arm or do it with the total team concept? Just asking because so many people including me, wants to see Drew with the league MVP award.

My opinion for the past twenty years is that stats are for losers and fantasy football. Back when the Dome Patrol was rocking, we liked to cling to our defensive ranking because that was all we really had. But the reality was, the 49ers didn't care about our stats since they just won the Super Bowl(s).

Lombardi trophy or nothing.

It's not an either or.

As long as Drew is passing the ball well, he'll put up huge numbers. Payton is never going to default to the run if the pass is working, i.e. games 1 and 2.

Games 1 and 2 still had a balanced run vs pass ratio. I don't know the numbers but I am sure it was close to 50%.

Games 1 and 2 still had a balanced run vs pass ratio. I don't know the numbers but I am sure it was close to 50%.

They were close to 50% at the end of the game.

We ran at a 4 to 1 ratio in the 4th quarter though to get there.

Payton is going to pass the ball and most defenses aren't going to be able to stop us. Brees will have MVP numbers at the end of the season.

They were close to 50% at the end of the game.

We ran at a 4 to 1 ratio in the 4th quarter though to get there.

Payton is going to pass the ball and most defenses aren't going to be able to stop us. Brees will have MVP numbers at the end of the season.

True, but the Payton of 2006-2008 was pass first and run if you can't pass and we never could run the ball because we would only bring the RBs on the field to run the ball and it was very obvious we were about to do a running play. Now he seems to be mixing it up a little more and running the ball on first, second and even third down and short...

One game he doesn't throw over 9000 yards and you are already saying he is done for the MVP? LOL

It's not an either or.

There are enough yards to go around. He won't win the MVP though. Peyton Manning is carrying his team right now, which has no running game and a suspect defense.

I disagree. I think they'll give it to Brees if he keeps up like he is. I would agree that Manning is the MVP right now though. I think it's kind of like the Kobe Bryant thing. The year you win it, you may not be the top candidate (LBJ anyone?), but they are going to give you that one. You can say the same thing with Manning and Brees last year, kind of like a switch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom