Saints What would your Proposed overtime rule change be? (1 Viewer)

Why are Americans so afraid of ties? Does a pretend winner after a ridiculous overtime really make the result more fitting? Hockey(regular season) and college football overtime are an embarrassment to sport.

People make fun of soccer shoot-outs, but that is out of necessity, not stupidity of whatever college football is trying to do.

Sometimes a tie is the proper result. Deal with it.
What is embarrassing is not being able to declare a winner in any game. Professional athletes are highly conditioned humans. I’m sure playing until a winner is declared, wouldn’t bother them too much. Heck, how many times have you heard professional football players say “I didn’t know the game can end in a tie” or “I’ve never played a game that ended in a tie”. These guys play their entire lives, with the intention of winning a game. Not to be content with a tie.

This is a bit off track here but I absolutely HATE spot fouls on pass interference.

Give a team 15 yards and keep it moving like college. Seems like an easier way to bail out a struggling offense. If it's the playoffs, makes it even worse.

This is a bit off track here but I absolutely HATE spot fouls on pass interference.

Give a team 15 yards and keep it moving like college. Seems like an easier way to bail out a struggling offense. If it's the playoffs, makes it even worse.
There is so many issues with penalty yardage.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom