What y’all eatin’ - Coronavirus edition (12 Viewers)

Portugese sweet rice. It's like rice pudding had sex with a custard and this is the biproduct. Had it when I was in Portugal and been wanting to give it a go since.
you had me at sex.

I did that same thing on Friday. Went fishing last Monday and brought home some trout, redfish and sheephead. Stopped in Thibodeaux and picked up some tasso on the way home. Wednesday made some angel hair with some pan sauteed trout with a tasso cream sauce topped with some fresh lump crab. Thursday did the same mean but with blackened redfish and fettuchini. Friday did BBQ sheephead and then Saturday did grilled redfish with garlic parmesan grilled asparagus. Yesterday took all the small trout filets and pan sauteed them in butter, garlic and made a white wine reduction sauce with crab and some veggies over a bed of rice.

Now I'm out of fish again so looking at PB&J sammiches and hotdogs the rest of the week.

Protein Smoothies. Lots and lots of protein smoothies. This one is banana blueberry...
50033938892_464202a446_c.jpg

I have been eating Quaker Oats every day. It's filling and easy to make. I was reading about this family who eats oatmeal 2 times a day, and are the oldest family. Not sure if it's true, but if I can save money, certainly gonna give it a try.

1592366037119.png

I'm having two 1/2cup servings a day. I add freeze dried mango or apple with about a teaspoon of honey. It's a great source for complex carbs.

I slow cooked a pork shoulder for carnitas last night, pulled it and pan fried to brown the chunks today. Strained all the juices from the slow cooker into the same skillet to deglaze and reduce for a sauce (I spruced it up with some fresh cilantro, sofrito, cumin, and chipotle in adobo sauce), and tossed the meat with it. Pretty happy with it, had tacos for lunch today with fresh pico, avocado, and grilled peppers.

Grilled peaches for dessert
carnitas.JPG

Protein Smoothies. Lots and lots of protein smoothies. This one is banana blueberry...
50033938892_464202a446_c.jpg

I'm having two 1/2cup servings a day. I add freeze dried mango or apple with about a teaspoon of honey. It's a great source for complex carbs.

I think oatmeal is probably the a secret weight loss food. It really feels you up and doesn't have a lot of calories, plus it's high in fiber. I prefer maple syrup, but honey is just as sweet.

Enjoy eating like the Quakers! haha

I slow cooked a pork shoulder for carnitas last night, pulled it and pan fried to brown the chunks today. Strained all the juices from the slow cooker into the same skillet to deglaze and reduce for a sauce (I spruced it up with some fresh cilantro, sofrito, cumin, and chipotle in adobo sauce), and tossed the meat with it. Pretty happy with it, had tacos for lunch today with fresh pico, avocado, and grilled peppers.

Grilled peaches for dessert
carnitas.JPG
how were the peaches?

I think oatmeal is probably the a secret weight loss food. It really feels you up and doesn't have a lot of calories, plus it's high in fiber. I prefer maple syrup, but honey is just as sweet.

when i wasn't lazy, i'd add kale. you honestly can't taste it blended.

If that were true it would be my go to food.

I'm dyslexic, many more grammar, typos, and misplaced words to come.

*fills

Have a funny story about it. So.... My old job way back when, had to send an e-mail to client letting them know, what was happening. Said something like this, the male was sent yesterday, you should have it in 3-5 days. Pretty bad huh? :) I have to concentrate really hard and re-read what I wrote about three times, before it's probably error free. Online football forum, not gonna try that hard. haha.

That's funny though.

when i wasn't lazy, i'd add kale. you honestly can't taste it blended.

I'm staying away from kale, just for my sake of sanity. Kale sounds to close to kill.

Last edited:

i have some secret calendar shut off for oatmeal - i think it's some time in april but it always sneaks up on me -- one day eating oatmeal fine, next day i won't see oatmeal until october

it's around that same time i go from 4-6 cups of coffee to 2

I'm dyslexic, many more grammar, typos, and misplaced words to come.

*fills

Have a funny story about it. So.... My old job way back when, had to send an e-mail to client letting them know, what was happening. Said something like this, the male was sent yesterday, you should have it in 3-5 days. Pretty bad huh? :) I have to concentrate really hard and re-read what I wrote about three times, before it's probably error free. Online football forum, not gonna try that hard. haha.

That's funny though.

I'm staying away from kale, just for my sake of sanity. Kale sounds to close to kill.

I'm probably dyslexic too. Either that or my phone is autocorrecting more than I like. :hihi:

Lately, I'm having to go back and correct a lot of my posts because I spelled something wrong. And I'm usually a decent speller. Weird.

Exactly. It’s the true superfood. It’s also a complex carb so it’s got a slow burn.
The whey isolate power I use for my shake doesn’t have many calories. I mix it with almond milk which is low calorie as well. The blueberries and banana are just over 200 calories themselves..

I also snack on unsalted, unshelled roasted pistachios. Having to shell them slows my eating down so I don’t have too many. Lots of protein and good fats. I also end up drinking more water with them.

But, I did let myself cheat on Fathers day. I went to Chuy’s texmex and had my 4th beer of the year with steak fajitas. Felt soooooooo good to eat that.

No workout today, my knee was bugging me a bit from trying out new running shoes. Back in my Brooks Beasts tomorrow for a 45minute upper body boot camp.

Exactly. It’s the true superfood. It’s also a complex carb so it’s got a slow burn.
The whey isolate power I use for my shake doesn’t have many calories. I mix it with almond milk which is low calorie as well. The blueberries and banana are just over 200 calories themselves..

I also snack on unsalted, unshelled roasted pistachios. Having to shell them slows my eating down so I don’t have too many. Lots of protein and good fats. I also end up drinking more water with them.

But, I did let myself cheat on Fathers day. I went to Chuy’s texmex and had my 4th beer of the year with steak fajitas. Felt soooooooo good to eat that.

No workout today, my knee was bugging me a bit from trying out new running shoes. Back in my Brooks Beasts tomorrow for a 45minute upper body boot camp.

Sounds like you're on it. Keep taking care of your health Ricky.

I'm probably dyslexic too. Either that or my phone is autocorrecting more than I like. :hihi:

Lately, I'm having to go back and correct a lot of my posts because I spelled something wrong. And I'm usually a decent speller. Weird.

If you're dyslexic, don't see it as a learning disability, see it as an advantage (besides reading & writing, don't focus on that stuff). Richard Branson is dyslexic, same with Charles Shultz. I personally believe Kurt Cobain and Picaso were, but don't know for sure.

Dyslexics can be extremely smart, they just usually read slow, and are not known for writing text books.

I was reading that you can treat it with cross lateral exercises. You can look it up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom