What y’all eatin’ - Coronavirus edition (2 Viewers)

Im good with Spanish.
Not the language, the ingredients. If you don’t have a Peruvian market near you you may have to go into the Internet. I will see if my wife will translate the Recipe for me she got it from her mom before she passed away.

Irish Whiskey and Starburst minis

if it isn't jameson or redbreast, then i dislike you.

I was drinking Teeling and you should try it before passing judgement

46% cask strength and finished in rum casks

If you want to kick it up a notch, add some chopped black olives to that

Thanks for kicking it up a notch. Not sure why, but never appreciated the taste of olives, although I like olive oil.

1603547858963.png

I bought some Vega chocolate protein power and it is helping me to forget about ice cream.

Thanks for kicking it up a notch. Not sure why, but never appreciated the taste of olives, although I like olive oil.

1603547858963.png

I bought some Vega chocolate protein power and it is helping me to forget about ice cream.
Never thought of that, since I’ve never met a food I didn’t like I’m not always alert to the fact that some people may not like olives. For some reason the salty taste of the olives and the avocado go well together on my pallet.

Never thought of that, since I’ve never met a food I didn’t like I’m not always alert to the fact that some people may not like olives. For some reason the brain a taste of the olives and the avocado go well together on my pallet.

That's great that you like all foods. You get to be a polite house guest! Will you eat Brussel Sprouts?

The processing of olives and why some may have a reason of not liking olives.

https://www.mic.com/p/if-you-hate-olives-there-could-be-a-good-reason-why-16329785

"So what makes olives so unappealing? Blame it on the processing. When they're freshly picked from the tree, unripe olives are inedible. The taste is so astringent that even the most bitter lover would have trouble getting them down. This pungent flavor is caused by a chemical called oleuropein, which is both unpalatable and a powerful antioxidant that could have cancer-fighting effects. Go figure.

Table olives have to be processed to remove some of that bitterness. Traditional methods use salt and spices, but the most popular way uses the power of sodium hydroxide, also known as lye.

A nice, cold chemical bath. Lye, as anyone who watched Fight Club will remember, is a powerful chemical used in everything from industrial cleaning to drain openers. As a caustic chemical, lye is described by the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry as "strongly irritating and corrosive." At certain levels, it can be extremely dangerous, potentially causing severe burns or respiratory damage. Luckily, lower levels have been deemed safe enough by the Food and Drug Administration to go in our food, as long as it's done right".

I like Brussells sprouts.

And lye isn't as terrible as it sounds. Lots of things are processed with alkalines, like bagels and pretzels.

But I like bagels! Don't say anything bad about them, I will go into withdrawal. haha

The Brussell Sprouts farming community thanks you.

1603555469858.png

I like Brussells sprouts.

And lye isn't as terrible as it sounds. Lots of things are processed with alkalines, like bagels and pretzels.

My wife has been grilling Brussel sprouts lately and adding it to whatever food we eat. She seasons them a bit and they're actually pretty good.

I often grill them in a foil packet with bacon scraps, shallots, salt, pepper and olive oil. Usually halve or quarter them, depending on their size.

Tastes great and takes all the healthiness right out of them. Still leaves you a bit gassy the next day, though.

I often grill them in a foil packet with bacon scraps, shallots, salt, pepper and olive oil. Usually halve or quarter them, depending on their size.

Tastes great and takes all the healthiness right out of them. Still leaves you a bit gassy the next day, though.

Yeah. Halving them here.

That's great that you like all foods. You get to be a polite house guest! Will you eat Brussel Sprouts?

The processing of olives and why some may have a reason of not liking olives.

https://www.mic.com/p/if-you-hate-olives-there-could-be-a-good-reason-why-16329785

"So what makes olives so unappealing? Blame it on the processing. When they're freshly picked from the tree, unripe olives are inedible. The taste is so astringent that even the most bitter lover would have trouble getting them down. This pungent flavor is caused by a chemical called oleuropein, which is both unpalatable and a powerful antioxidant that could have cancer-fighting effects. Go figure.

Table olives have to be processed to remove some of that bitterness. Traditional methods use salt and spices, but the most popular way uses the power of sodium hydroxide, also known as lye.

A nice, cold chemical bath. Lye, as anyone who watched Fight Club will remember, is a powerful chemical used in everything from industrial cleaning to drain openers. As a caustic chemical, lye is described by the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry as "strongly irritating and corrosive." At certain levels, it can be extremely dangerous, potentially causing severe burns or respiratory damage. Luckily, lower levels have been deemed safe enough by the Food and Drug Administration to go in our food, as long as it's done right".
Sounds delicious

Yeah. Halving them here.

Half them, and cook them cut side down in an iron skillet with just a touch of oil, so that the cut side chars a little. Then throw them in the oven for 10 or 15 minutes with your seasoning of choice - I have an IPA (like the beer) seasoning that is really good on vegetables.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom