What y’all eatin’ - Coronavirus edition (6 Viewers)

Plus we just got a new wok so I'll be able to make it more properly. I'm confident I can flip the rice.

I had a good wok many moons ago. It's well past time to get a new one. I usually go back and forth between the regular skillet and the cast iron skillet. Cast iron is just a bit more work and gotta be more careful cleaning and taking care of it. But it cooks like a champ.

Made gluten free pancakes (some with mixed berries). Sadly, had to run to the store to get syrup (so we naturally got 20 other things).

Made some pork sausage patties to go with it.

Cooked some burgers and sausage last night for me and the kids. The ground meat came from a local butcher because Walmart sure as heck didn't have any. I've now found my new source for meat. Thanks, coronapocalypse.

My dumbarse forgot to cook rice last night so my turkey fried rice has to wait until tomorrow. Oh well, chicken stew again tonight!

I just had my first Beyond Meat brat on the grill.

Kinda weird at first but ultimately not bad. In a bun with onions and mustard (or chili) no problem at all.

I just had my first Beyond Meat brat on the grill.

Kinda weird at first but ultimately not bad. In a bun with onions and mustard (or chili) no problem at all.

Haven't tried that yet, but I'm interested. How do you eat brats without kraut? (And since the St Pat's parades were canceled, I didn't get my cabbages to make this year's supplies. We are almost out of last year's. Homemade kraut is great - recommended.)

Leftover chicken tacoes for lunch. Tuna steaks with a wasabi dressing for dinner. I will probably chop some mangoes and pineapples for a salsa.

How crazy is that!? I have white beans with smoked green onion sausage in it.

I made white beans with smoked jalapeno and green onion sausage last night. I left it very brothy and topped it with a berkshire pork shop from the freezer. The 92# kid and 94# mom each ate two pork chops and left me with only one. Of course, I am more than double their size so I took the opportunity to feel like I might use this crisis to lose a little belly fat.

Oh, and I backed it all up with a 20 year old Hemingway Masterpiece.

20200321_191632.jpg20200321_195058.jpg

Haven't tried that yet, but I'm interested. How do you eat brats without kraut? (And since the St Pat's parades were canceled, I didn't get my cabbages to make this year's supplies. We are almost out of last year's. Homemade kraut is great - recommended.)

Leftover chicken tacoes for lunch. Tuna steaks with a wasabi dressing for dinner. I will probably chop some mangoes and pineapples for a salsa.

All I need is mustard and onions for any sort of brat or hot dog. Fresh tuna sounds delish.

eww kraut

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom