What y’all eatin’ - Coronavirus edition (7 Viewers)

I never would have thought of freezing sauce. Thanks

I've got a chamber vac machine I've had for years and have used it dozens of times to make giant batches of sauce. If you use it withing 3 or 4 months, it's just as good as the night it was made. The little red-haired girl loves her red sauce and pizza so I'll usually save a quart of the sauce and thicken/season it up as pizza sauce and freeze in small bags. We can have pizza night or any sort of red sauce in minutes.

Those huge cans of SM tomatoes can be really cheap and I'll usually make the biggest la cruesset full once every few months. You can freeze it in tupperware of those plastic takeout chinese food tubs for months and it's fine.

I've got a chamber vac machine I've had for years and have used it dozens of times to make giant batches of sauce. If you use it withing 3 or 4 months, it's just as good as the night it was made. The little red-haired girl loves her red sauce and pizza so I'll usually save a quart of the sauce and thicken/season it up as pizza sauce and freeze in small bags. We can have pizza night or any sort of red sauce in minutes.

Those huge cans of SM tomatoes can be really cheap and I'll usually make the biggest la cruesset full once every few months. You can freeze it in tupperware of those plastic takeout chinese food tubs for months and it's fine.

since I’m already making the meatballs in big batches that go a couple of months, this is perfect. Spaghetti will be the easiest meal in my house. Thanks again.

Got crawfish and lobster from Stabs in Central today

Dewberries, fresh picked from my pasture. Dewberries are plumper and sweeter than blackberries. They ripen in early spring whereas blackberries don't ripen until June in our climate.

Attachments

• 20200411_102408.jpg
    20200411_102408.jpg
    935.6 KB · Views: 3
Oddly enough, the only thing I don't get is the bottle of diet root beer. Guilty, drunken pleasure, or DIY bong? The VISA card and (what appears to be an airline boarding pass) I won't even bother to ask about.

Finally, putting the running shoes in the pic isn't fooling anyone. There is no visible wear or dirt on them to prove that you actually use them.

In any case, glad to hear you survived, in contrast to your eyeglasses that apparently got broken.

Didn't get a major smoke ring, but no matter, the bark was great, the meat cut like butter, and perfect pull test. Decent effort, especially considered I was half in the bag last night when I got it going.

20200412-114143.jpg

20200412-114212.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom