What y’all eatin’ - Coronavirus edition (1 Viewer)

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
How did you grill those crabs?
Just butter, garlic and some tonys.

I had smoked ribs and was finishing them up when my wife came down with oysters and garlic butter and asked me to grill them. I did the dozen oysters they wanted and had a ton of butter left and a raging fire so naturally, after a whole bunch of whisky, we decided to grill the crabs.

They were awesome. And the leftover steamed corn from the night before might have been better.

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Also did a muffaletta the other night that turned out fantastic. One of our local restaurants has been making bread to make up for lost restaurant business and their seeded bread was very good. Yes, I did mix in some pickled jalapenos with my olive salad because, well, why not?

20200515_185202.jpg

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
the antidpychotic i am on (however spelled), gives me a lack of putting two and two together. i use as an excuse to suck at making great eats.

though, i love food. i like weird food the most (anything other than pb&j).

Oye

carry all the groceries in in one trip
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I have been eating Quaker Oats every day. It's filling and easy to make. I was reading about this family who eats oatmeal 2 times a day, and are the oldest family. Not sure if it's true, but if I can save money, certainly gonna give it a try.

1592366037119.png

try the steel cut if you have the time, and if you're getting something faster, get ones that require the most cooking time

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Tonight my brother Lord Tice grilled some sheepshead scales down that he caught and it was wonderful. BBQ sauce and all. He went fishing recently twice and caught like 40 pounds of fish, mainly sheepshead. He said he has enough to make tonights meal 7 more times.

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Portugese sweet rice. It's like rice pudding had sex with a custard and this is the biproduct. Had it when I was in Portugal and been wanting to give it a go since.
you had me at sex.

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
I did that same thing on Friday. Went fishing last Monday and brought home some trout, redfish and sheephead. Stopped in Thibodeaux and picked up some tasso on the way home. Wednesday made some angel hair with some pan sauteed trout with a tasso cream sauce topped with some fresh lump crab. Thursday did the same mean but with blackened redfish and fettuchini. Friday did BBQ sheephead and then Saturday did grilled redfish with garlic parmesan grilled asparagus. Yesterday took all the small trout filets and pan sauteed them in butter, garlic and made a white wine reduction sauce with crab and some veggies over a bed of rice.

Now I'm out of fish again so looking at PB&J sammiches and hotdogs the rest of the week.

Rickboy

Nom Nom Nom Nom.. me hungry for a SuperBowl
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Protein Smoothies. Lots and lots of protein smoothies. This one is banana blueberry...

I have been eating Quaker Oats every day. It's filling and easy to make. I was reading about this family who eats oatmeal 2 times a day, and are the oldest family. Not sure if it's true, but if I can save money, certainly gonna give it a try.

1592366037119.png

I'm having two 1/2cup servings a day. I add freeze dried mango or apple with about a teaspoon of honey. It's a great source for complex carbs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom