What y’all eatin’ - Coronavirus edition (8 Viewers)

Tonight we reheated some leftover homemade fig/prosciutto/goat cheese pizza and I rolled out some quick pasta and made cacio e pepe with some pink oyster mushrooms we got from the farmers market.

rating: successful

Sounds good to me.

I'm eating a homemade Scorpius burger tonight but I'm also going to make some egg drop soup. It's super easy to make and I only have made it twice before and then kind of forgotten about it. That's changing tonight. Also, Lord Tice is making a pork gravy within a couple of days that has two uses. One is obviously for his dish but the other is to have pork for a pork fried rice that I will make more egg drop soup with and air fry an egg roll to go with it.

I can't work for 2 weeks becasue I was exposed to the virus and even though Im negative (tested twice and no symptoms) my boss is paying me to stay home.

Hangar steak, Charred Onion Soubise, Bone Marrow, Fresh Greens. Yes I know the knifework on the herbs is lazy. Dont care it tasted great
85944A63-28A3-422B-8337-A4F231CB0D6F.jpg

^^ That pic looks heavenly....

I had a ham sammich.... Wheat toast, microwave heated ham, smoked gouda, hamburger dills, cabbage slaw mix and mustard. Livin' large tonight...
i had sargento's balanced breaks for lunch.

Working out a few things today at home and craving Asian food. Not super fancy plate ups but everything but the octopus was delicious. Octopus gave me problems on the grill. Cooked it SV first and then tried to char it but didnt get a good char.

Hamachi with orange supremes, yuzu koshu ponzu, and thai chili

E633FEAB-A48A-45FA-B01F-FC039AD10E7D.jpg

Grilled octopus, sesame slaw, Smoked Soy gel

6F0256DE-D7DC-4BFC-B325-A8C085C0F0F4.jpg

Tom Yum Talay (seafood tom yum)

View attachment IMG_0332.mp4

Miso Sea Bass, Bok Choy, enoki shrooms, ginger & soy shellfish broth

View attachment miso.mp4

That yellowtail is gorgeous. Are you sourcing that through work?

That yellowtail is gorgeous. Are you sourcing that through work?
Yes, but hamachi in particular is easy to source high qual because its always frozen.

I get a ton of fish from https://honolulufish.com/ at work. Basically all my sea bass, tuna (Best tuna Ive gotten anywhere ever), salmon and hamachi comes from these guys. They are affiliated with sysco somehow so we indirectly order them through sysco. They are expensive but worth it.

We can order from anywhere and not care about food cost so this is where I get most of the fish I have flown in. Toro and stuff I usually use http://catalinaop.com/40-years-of-sustainable/#.XwumhChKjPo. Scallops and gulf fish I get from inland seafood in NOLA

This tuna and salmon was from a while back but it will give you an idea of the quality

EEFFC6CC-F9B4-4501-855D-CBD95BCAD0BB.jpg

Yes, but hamachi in particular is easy to source high qual because its always frozen.

I get a ton of fish from https://honolulufish.com/ at work. Basically all my sea bass, tuna (Best tuna Ive gotten anywhere ever), salmon and hamachi comes from these guys. They are affiliated with sysco somehow so we indirectly order them through sysco. They are expensive but worth it.

We can order from anywhere and not care about food cost so this is where I get most of the fish I have flown in. Toro and stuff I usually use http://catalinaop.com/40-years-of-sustainable/#.XwumhChKjPo. Scallops and gulf fish I get from inland seafood in NOLA

This tuna and salmon was from a while back but it will give you an idea of the quality

EEFFC6CC-F9B4-4501-855D-CBD95BCAD0BB.jpg

Sweet. Thanks for the info.

What would be the best cut of steak to grind up and mix into some hamburgers? I can guess something that's probably cheap but definitely something that has some fat.

What would be the best cut of steak to grind up and mix into some hamburgers? I can guess something that's probably cheap but definitely something that has some fat.
Honestly steak is a waste to grind. If you have scraps sure, but you can get as good or better results from much cheaper cuts. A mix of chuck, shortrib, and brisket is my favorite.

If you insist on grinding a steak I would say ribeye because it has a lot of fat which you want.

Honestly steak is a waste to grind. If you have scraps sure, but you can get as good or better results from much cheaper cuts. A mix of chuck, shortrib, and brisket is my favorite.

I love the burgers I make but there's always room for improvement. I use some beef, pork chorizo, toasted onion, green onion, black pepper, celery and worcestershire. Maybe add some cayenne or crystal hot sauce.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom