What y’all eatin’ - Coronavirus edition (3 Viewers)

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a skillet. Our cast iron just lives on the stove.
Yeah, we used to be like that, but with all of the moving around over the years, we just fell out of the habit. I might get back around to doing that again at some point.

buzd

party lamp
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
With you on asparagus and spinach but will never like beets or broccoli....wish I did as both are good for you....
Notice I didn't mention broccoli. Gross.

Beets are great. Boil them for about 10 minutes so they are easy to peel, then cube them and put them in the oven in a foil pouch with butter and salt for 20-30 minutes. Delicious. Do it with some gold beets so you don't know they're beets.

Marty_Graw

Don't Rain on My Parade
Reaction score
Watching Tulane get smoked by UCF, so I needed something to make me laugh; something more than a 5 lb packet of Smash.

Really miss the Young Ones. Adrian Edmondson and (the late) Rik Mayall were quite accomplished performers. Not from the Young Ones, but...

rik mayall and ade edmondson break character

I had brown rice, lentils, and carrots for lunch.

1584572798022.png

Reaction score
Watching Tulane get smoked by UCF, so I needed something to make me laugh; something more than a 5 lb packet of Smash.

Really miss the Young Ones. Adrian Edmondson and (the late) Rik Mayall were quite accomplished performers. Not from the Young Ones, but...

rik mayall and ade edmondson break character
That's horrible, really sad to hear that Rik is gone.

If you like Adrian and Rik, you should check out their series together called, Bottom. It's good, but not as good as The Young Ones.

Rest In Peace Rik...

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Notice I didn't mention broccoli. Gross.

Beets are great. Boil them for about 10 minutes so they are easy to peel, then cube them and put them in the oven in a foil pouch with butter and salt for 20-30 minutes. Delicious. Do it with some gold beets so you don't know they're beets.
broccoli is great drenched in cheese. you can't even taste it.. until you get through the cheese.

LonghornSaint

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What's best for beef stew? Pot roast or something else?
I agree with buzd, chuck is the best bang for the buck, lots of fat, and turns into super tender deliciousness after slow cooking. Short ribs are SPECIAL, so awesome and a little better flavor than chuck, imo, but going to be more expensive.

gummbo70114

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
So, my wife made this version of Shepherds pie. Ground turkey, peas, and sweet potatoes. I actually liked it. I'm not a big fan of sweet potatoes, but this was pretty great.

20201024_195000.jpg
I am a big fan of sweet potatoes, that looks pretty good. Always love the sweet and savory.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)