What y’all eatin’ - Coronavirus edition (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Split pea soup doesn’t count as peas. The peas used for that soup are much closer to a green lentil. (I ❤ split pea soup)
Agreed! This one restaurant served split pea soup next to the college I was attending......

Theme song while having the soup...

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welp, I splurged and ordered a few items from Hebert's Specialty Meats. We used to stop by there to pick up their crawfish and meat pies as well as boudin and stuffed chickens. Ordered a turducken for Thanksgiving plus a few other entrees. They're shipping it packaged in dry ice. So I'm curious to see how it turns out. Should get it Thursday and I'll pop it all in our freezer and save it for TG weekend. I just wanted something different this year and want to treat the kids with some food from back home.

Looking forward to it!

Now I'm gonna eat cheap the rest of the month to make up for it. Lol.

buzd

party lamp
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
Filet burgers tonight! I added some chopped onion, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, msg, liquid smoke, worcestershire and parsley. I topped with american and swiss cheeses.
If you used filet you should have added some fat,like bacon. Sounds good though.

Hifive on the msg.

Zardnok

Zardnokalicious!
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
LSU vs Arkansas at 11 this morning, so I got up early and put some Baby Back Ribs on the Akorn with a load of Pecan. Rolling along nicely at 275 right now. Should be ready before half-time. Gonna toss a pork butt on when they are done; the Akorn will hold 250 for 12 hours easily, so no sense in wasting the fuel.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)