What y’all eatin’ - Coronavirus edition (1 Viewer)

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
A salmon burger is fine, but it's not *really* salmon (in the same way a crab cake isn't the same as eating a big pile of crabmeat, or picking a boiled crab). It's not bad, but you should try a nice piece of roasted salmon (or even better, some good raw salmon from a sushi place). Or smoked salmon... Or cured salmon...
i love salmon. baked a few filets a week or so ago. usually just salt and pepper or get crazzzzzzzy and i'll do it blackened.

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
pizza sauce, used (canned) whole peeled tomatoes. very happy with the results.

now to make dough..

plan on making a rather simple margherita-ish. sliced roma, fresh mozz, fresh basil. probably make a second with pineapple and jalapeno (don't hate what's great).

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
pizza sauce, used (canned) whole peeled tomatoes. very happy with the results.

now to make dough..

plan on making a rather simple margherita-ish. sliced roma, fresh mozz, fresh basil. probably make a second with pineapple and jalapeno (don't hate what's great).
I've never had pineapple on a pizza but I'm not sure I'd like it since that I don't like caramel and cheddar cheese popcorn. I know it's not the same but it is mixing two things that I am unsure of together to begin with.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've never had pineapple on a pizza but I'm not sure I'd like it since that I don't like caramel and cheddar cheese popcorn. I know it's not the same but it is mixing two things that I am unsure of together to begin with.
I still get pineapple and ham or Canadian bacon every now and then. I used to hate the idea of pineapple on pizza, but now I'm ok with it. Not my favorite, but I'll eat it if that's what's on the table.

LonghornSaint

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I love short ribs and do a few different recipes. Your ribs look juicy and sticky and really good... what's your recipe?
I use Gordon Ramsay's recipe with just a few modifications. He starts it on the stove and finishes in the oven, but I stick with stove-top all the way through, with a low and slow covered simmer after adding the broth. I add some carrot (my modification) with the heads of garlic for sauteing. 1 bottle red wine, usually a low-end cab sauv. After reducing the strained liquid toward the end, I throw in a little aromatic (another one of my mods), usually fresh rosemary towards, with extra salt to taste. I would think fresh thyme would work too.

I usually allow at least 4 1/2-5h for my version (total time).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom