What y’all eatin’ - Coronavirus edition (1 Viewer)

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I looked it up after the reply to me and amazon still has it listed but unavailable. For a second there I got my hopes up. It came out in 2011-2012 so it's been 9-10 years.
probably about the time zapp's were purchased by utz. a lot of products seem to have disappeared about then.

they were absolutely the best though.

zatsnzapps

Do you have a pwobwem...?
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Bawlmer, Merlyn via Birmingham and Metairie/Kenner
I'm watching the Auburn/SC game (for now) until the LSU game starts, and they showed a pimento cheese burger. It was a big ol' burger with a huge lump of pimento cheese. OMG, I didn't know this existed. I need to have that.

@superchuck500 - why you been holdin' out on us?

OP
superchuck500

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm watching the Auburn/SC game (for now) until the LSU game starts, and they showed a pimento cheese burger. It was a big ol' burger with a huge lump of pimento cheese. OMG, I didn't know this existed. I need to have that.

Yeah it’s a thing - I’m not from SC so I don’t really know but you can put a pile of pimento cheese on just about anything and call it “South Carolina style”. It’s usually pretty good.

buzd

party lamp
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score

Pimento cheese kind of sucks.

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So I tried something different with the Mississippi pot roast yesterday. Usually, I just put the whole roast into the crock pot, put the rest of the ingredients on top, and then let it cook. Yesterday, I decided to cut the roast into four pieces before covering it with everything else. At the 8 hour mark, I pulled the chunks apart and made sure they were all covered in the gravy. I let that cook another 2 hours and it turned out better than it ever has before. I guess the extra time and smaller pieces allowed it to cook even more because the pieces were just falling apart and full of flavor. So simple and so good. It has to be one of my favorites to make because of the results you get with next to no effort.

OP
superchuck500

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Pimento cheese kind of sucks.

Agree almost 100%. As a cheese, it totally sucks. As a stand alone item, also yes. As an additive, usually sucks. But there are a few applications where it works in its own way.

GW93

Original
Reaction score
Agree almost 100%. As a cheese, it totally sucks. As a stand alone item, also yes. As an additive, usually sucks. But there are a few applications where it works in its own way.
It’s cream cheese, cheddar, and pimentos. Beyond that, pimento cheese recipes are probably as varied as gumbo recipes or crawfish boils.

Sun Wukong

Kicker's, Inc. Superfan
Reaction score

It's serviceable to stuff jalapeños with.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom