What y’all eatin’ - Coronavirus edition (5 Viewers)

Yesterday I took some pork shoulder / country ribs, seasoned them, and slow cooked them in BBQ sauce.

I'm thinking about starting a pot of red beans soon, but was wondering. Would it be weird to use some of the left over bbq pork to throw in the pot? It isn't saucy.

I'm also using the pork shoulder I didn't cook that's left over.

It's the BBQ sauce that will make it taste funny. If it's just pork, then not weird.

It's the BBQ sauce that will make it taste funny. If it's just pork, then not weird.
So far I've kept it out. I think I had just enough uncooked pork. Otherwise I'll add some in later or on reheat to try it in a small batch.

Yesterday I took some pork shoulder / country ribs, seasoned them, and slow cooked them in BBQ sauce.

I'm thinking about starting a pot of red beans soon, but was wondering. Would it be weird to use some of the left over bbq pork to throw in the pot? It isn't saucy.

I'm also using the pork shoulder I didn't cook that's left over.

Basically what Buzd said. Especially if you went with sweet bbq sauce, that would be really really different, ahem. Maybe if you are in a pinch for meat, scrape the bbq sauce off.

My recent experience with lobster rolls convinced me to to make shrimp rolls. I seasoned Gulf shrimp with P Prudhommes blackened redfish seasoning, and sauteed in sage butter with parsley and celery. Could not find good brioche buns, so I went with split top hotdog buns...oh well, but it was still awesome!

Creole shrimp roll.jpg

Basically what Buzd said. Especially if you went with sweet bbq sauce, that would be really really different, ahem. Maybe if you are in a pinch for meat, scrape the bbq sauce off.
Sweet baby rays... sweet vinegar based.

Got myself some Brussels sprouts cooking on the bbq with garlic, onion, black pepper, olive oil and some soy sauce.

Tri tip been cooking at 275 for a couple hours now on charcoal and oak wood chunks. About to sauté some mushrooms for a quick side, also since I gotta use them here soon

My recent experience with lobster rolls convinced me to to make shrimp rolls. I seasoned Gulf shrimp with P Prudhommes blackened redfish seasoning, and sauteed in sage butter with parsley and celery. Could not find good brioche buns, so I went with split top hotdog buns...oh well, but it was still awesome!

Creole shrimp roll.jpg

Looks great but i would add a bit of mayo (just a bit) and spring onions....

Agreed. It looks delicious, but it's really not a traditional lobster (shrimp) roll without the mayo creaminess. By the way, Peche has a really good shrimp roll in the lobster roll style.
True, not traditional. CT rolls deviate from New England style by using butter in stead of mayo.

Got myself some Brussels sprouts cooking on the bbq with garlic, onion, black pepper, olive oil and some soy sauce.

Tri tip been cooking at 275 for a couple hours now on charcoal and oak wood chunks. About to sauté some mushrooms for a quick side, also since I gotta use them here soon

I actually found a low carb bread that I like so I am considering getting a deli meat slicer so I can make my own turkey breast and tri tip for some really good and healthy sammiches

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom