What y’all eatin’ - Coronavirus edition (3 Viewers)

The thing is I like the natural flavor of the tri-tip

I give it a generous dusting of kosher salt and leave it uncovered in the fridge over night. Then I smoke it with pecan wood
Last I cover it in an herbal butter and sear it
Yep, you won't find a cut more beefy (tm) than a tri-tip.

So, if you enjoy chick peas like I do, here's a good one: fry up some chick peas right out of the can until crisp, take some parsley, thin shaved red onion, lemon juice, kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper.. toss well.

Next, make your parmesan horseradish with mayo and ground horseradish, add some red wine vinegar for some bite and some freshly grated parm. Spread on your crusty bread, layer your steak, then the parsley/chick pea salad, then lastly, grate a sheet ton of parm on that bad boy.

The thing is I like the natural flavor of the tri-tip

I give it a generous dusting of kosher salt and leave it uncovered in the fridge over night. Then I smoke it with pecan wood
Last I cover it in an herbal butter and sear it

Nothing wrong with that.

Yep, you won't find a cut more beefy (tm) than a tri-tip.

Flank steak has become our go-to for balance of taste and price. Makes a nice meal with some leftover taco/breakfast fixins.

So, if you enjoy chick peas like I do, here's a good one: fry up some chick peas right out of the can until crisp, take some parsley, thin shaved red onion, lemon juice, kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper.. toss well.

Next, make your parmesan horseradish with mayo and ground horseradish, add some red wine vinegar for some bite and some freshly grated parm. Spread on your crusty bread, layer your steak, then the parsley/chick pea salad, then lastly, grate a sheet ton of parm on that bad boy.

that sounds delightful.

I am truly hoping that some of y’all try this at home, you can also substitute the same exact ingredients and just use chicken instead of beef. You will be pleasantly surprised

That’s
I am truly hoping that some of y’all try this at home, you can also substitute the same exact ingredients and just use chicken instead of beef. You will be pleasantly surprised

not too far from what I make as a quick meal. Mine I prefer over rice though. Instead of the pepper paste I use my molcajete to grind down tomatoes and fresh peppers out of my garden.

That’s
not too far from what I make as a quick meal. Mine I prefer over rice though. Instead of the pepper paste I use my molcajete to grind down tomatoes and fresh peppers out of my garden.
Good call, my wife is Peruvian and she uses the Aji paste, yellow Ajito be exact.You can also substitute green beans for the french fries to make it healthier

I am going to try that, it sounds awesome....

Flank steak has become our go-to for balance of taste and price. Makes a nice meal with some leftover taco/breakfast fixins.

Same here, also really dig a good skirt steak. They can be a tad chewy at times but the flavor is quality....

I just pureed 3 pounds of peaches for sorbet tonight. Note - 3.2lbs of peaches and a cup of sugar is EXACTLY how much your average food processor can hold, and when you turn it on, it tends to leak everywhere.

So consider yourselves warned.

i made yellow curry chicken yesterday. surprisingly came out good, not thai restaurant good, but did it's job. my tumeric may have been a few years too old (7?).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom