What y’all eatin’ - Coronavirus edition (2 Viewers)

That looks tremendously good, if I may ask, what were the ingredients for the sauce....
You got it,The ingredients are 2 pound Shell and heaShell and head shrimp, One package of linguine pasta, The juice of 4 to 6 limes, six garlic cloves, 3/4 pound of cherry tomato preferably tricolor package, a package or a bunch of fresh Thai basil, Olive oil as needed and also grapeseed oil to cook but you can use vegetable oil to substitute, One medium yellow onion three bay leaves in one stock of celery.it’s a little lengthy but well worth it. clean the pounds of shrimp and save shells and heads .throw in a 6 cup capacity sauce pan with quarter onion two clothes of garlic, Bayleaf ,salt and pepper, one stick celery, and fill almost to the top with water. turn on the stove to medium low and just let it sit and reduce by half, It should yield about 2 to 2 1/2 cups of stock,( note, I saved the two garlic cloves when I drained the stock and threw them in the pan when sautéing the cherry tomatoes) was . In a blender throw in 2 cloves of garlic , I took the six lines cut them in half and squeezed them into the blender wanted to time till I got the perfect amount that I needed which was around 4 1/2 lines but you can add more if you like. And about 16 to 18 large leaves of the fresh Thai basil and started blending, I started drizzling olive oil to the mixture until the thickened up, I estimated about a half a cup of olive oil. Take this mixture put it in a large Ziploc bag and put the clean shrimp to marinate for about 30 to 40 minutes. In the meantime Wash your tomatoes, chopped the remaining two garlic cloves And get your large frying pan(I’ve added a picture of the frying pan that I used to give you an idea of the size that works best for me) turn on medium high heat add your grapeseed oil/vegetable oil heat it up throw in your cherry tomatoes and sauté until they begin to blister at that point add your garlic that’s been chopped plus the saved garlic from the stock sauté for about 3 to 4 minutes and add just the marinade that the shrimp have been sitting in, at this point you would add the Shrimp stock, proximately 2 to 2 1/2 cups,Sauté this mixture for about 20 minutes on medium low heat something like a Low simmer. Taste to make sure that it’s OK, if you find It’s too lemony for your taste you may add a little bit of water and reduce this by at least a fourth to Intensify the flavors After 20 minutes add the shrimp and cook them for about five minutes or until they’re done to your liking. You can reduce the heat and make after 20 minutes I had the shrimp and cook them for about five minutes or until they’re done to your liking. The package of pasta should only take about six minutes to cook and your mixture can just sit in the pan with the heat off so that you do not over cook the shrimp. I served family style in a large ceramic bowl but you can individually put your pasta in your own dish and add the sauce over it.D3A98DE9-250D-4531-BDDF-848FF0E38F6A.jpeg

You got it,The ingredients are 2 pound Shell and heaShell and head shrimp, One package of linguine pasta, The juice of 4 to 6 limes, six garlic cloves, 3/4 pound of cherry tomato preferably tricolor package, a package or a bunch of fresh Thai basil, Olive oil as needed and also grapeseed oil to cook but you can use vegetable oil to substitute, One medium yellow onion three bay leaves in one stock of celery.it’s a little lengthy but well worth it. clean the pounds of shrimp and save shells and heads .throw in a 6 cup capacity sauce pan with quarter onion two clothes of garlic, Bayleaf ,salt and pepper, one stick celery, and fill almost to the top with water. turn on the stove to medium low and just let it sit and reduce by half, It should yield about 2 to 2 1/2 cups of stock,( note, I saved the two garlic cloves when I drained the stock and threw them in the pan when sautéing the cherry tomatoes) was . In a blender throw in 2 cloves of garlic , I took the six lines cut them in half and squeezed them into the blender wanted to time till I got the perfect amount that I needed which was around 4 1/2 lines but you can add more if you like. And about 16 to 18 large leaves of the fresh Thai basil and started blending, I started drizzling olive oil to the mixture until the thickened up, I estimated about a half a cup of olive oil. Take this mixture put it in a large Ziploc bag and put the clean shrimp to marinate for about 30 to 40 minutes. In the meantime Wash your tomatoes, chopped the remaining two garlic cloves And get your large frying pan(I’ve added a picture of the frying pan that I used to give you an idea of the size that works best for me) turn on medium high heat add your grapeseed oil/vegetable oil heat it up throw in your cherry tomatoes and sauté until they begin to blister at that point add your garlic that’s been chopped plus the saved garlic from the stock sauté for about 3 to 4 minutes and add just the marinade that the shrimp have been sitting in, at this point you would add the Shrimp stock, proximately 2 to 2 1/2 cups,Sauté this mixture for about 20 minutes on medium low heat something like a Low simmer. Taste to make sure that it’s OK, if you find It’s too lemony for your taste you may add a little bit of water and reduce this by at least a fourth to Intensify the flavors After 20 minutes add the shrimp and cook them for about five minutes or until they’re done to your liking. You can reduce the heat and make after 20 minutes I had the shrimp and cook them for about five minutes or until they’re done to your liking. The package of pasta should only take about six minutes to cook and your mixture can just sit in the pan with the heat off so that you do not over cook the shrimp. I served family style in a large ceramic bowl but you can individually put your pasta in your own dish and add the sauce over it.D3A98DE9-250D-4531-BDDF-848FF0E38F6A.jpeg

Sounds great. A couple of things I would add/change -

After you peel your shrimp, put the shells on a cookie sheet in the oven for 5-7 minutes (on 325 or so) until they are lightly pink. If you have it, roast some fennel and orange peel with them. Will add a nice flavor to the stock.

I would blend up a dried chili de arbol (or red pepper flakes) into both the marinade and sauce. I like heat - especially in Asian style food. I would also add some green onions cut to about an inch, and some fish sauce and a little palm sugar.

That looks great, though. Kind of an Asian shrimp scampi.

You got it,The ingredients are 2 pound Shell and head shrimp, One package of linguine pasta, The juice of 4 to 6 limes, six garlic cloves, 3/4 pound of cherry tomato preferably tricolor package, a package or a bunch of fresh Thai basil, Olive oil as needed and also grapeseed oil to cook but you can use vegetable oil to substitute, One medium yellow onion ,three bay leaves and one stock of celery.it’s a little lengthy but well worth it. clean the pounds of shrimp and save shells and heads .throw the shells and heads in a 6 cup capacity sauce pan with quarter onion two clothes of garlic, Bayleaf ,salt and pepper, one stick celery, and fill almost to the top with water. turn on the stove to medium high heat and just let it sit and reduce by half, It should yield about 2 to 2 1/2 cups of stock,( note, I saved the two garlic cloves when I drained the stock and threw them in the pan when sautéing the cherry tomatoes) . In a blender throw in 2 cloves of garlic , I took the six limes cut them in half and squeezed them into the blender one at a time till I got the perfect amount that I needed which was around 4 1/2 lines but you can add more if you like. And about 16 to 18 large leaves of the fresh Thai basil and started blending, I started drizzling olive oil to the mixture until the thickened up, I estimated about a half a cup of olive oil. Take this mixture put it in a large Ziploc bag and put the clean shrimp to marinate for about 30 to 40 minutes. In the meantime Wash your tomatoes, chopped the remaining two garlic cloves And get your large frying pan(I’ve added a picture of the frying pan that I used to give you an idea of the size that works best for me) turn on medium high heat add your grapeseed oil/vegetable oil heat it up throw in your cherry tomatoes and sauté until they begin to blister at that point add your garlic that’s been chopped plus the saved garlic from the stock sauté for about 3 to 4 minutes, Deglaze the pan with half cup of white wine,and add just the marinade that the shrimp have been sitting in, at this point you would add the Shrimp stock, proximately 2 to 2 1/2 cups, Bring this mixture to a boil approximately four minutes then lower the heat and Sauté this mixture for about 20 minutes on medium low heat something like a Low simmer. Taste to make sure that it’s OK, if you find It’s too lemony for your taste you may add a little bit of water and reduce this by at least a fourth to Intensify the flavors After 20 minutes add the shrimp and cook them for about five minutes or until they’re done to your liking. Cook The package of pasta, it should only take about six minutes to cook and your mixture can just sit in the pan with the heat off so that you do not over cook the shrimp. I served family style in a large ceramic bowl but you can individually put your pasta in your own dish and add the sauce over it.D3A98DE9-250D-4531-BDDF-848FF0E38F6A.jpeg
The finished product should yield about 3 cups of sauce to the 2 pounds of shrimp and I forgot to mention I saved some of the fresh basil leaves and I stack them on top of each other slice them thin and use them as garnish on top of the individual plates. I hope you enjoy it. And please post pictures of the final product #WhoDat!

Thanks a ton man. I will make this next week....

Sounds great. A couple of things I would add/change -

After you peel your shrimp, put the shells on a cookie sheet in the oven for 5-7 minutes (on 325 or so) until they are lightly pink. If you have it, roast some fennel and orange peel with them. Will add a nice flavor to the stock.

I would blend up a dried chili de arbol (or red pepper flakes) into both the marinade and sauce. I like heat - especially in Asian style food. I would also add some green onions cut to about an inch, and some fish sauce and a little palm sugar.

That looks great, though. Kind of an Asian shrimp scampi.
Given the fact that this dish is made with shrimp stock adding the fish sauce would give it too much of a seafood flavor and I’m not sure about the palm sugar because this is more of a savory dish. But thanks for the input and if you feel like making it with your additions please let us know how it turns out.

So you wouldn't swap the sauce for that variant? ;)

Just being a knucklehead. It actually looks very tasty. And, I'm sure you meant to type sop rather than swap.
It came out that way because I didn’t type it, I’m just using the microphone option. I find it much quicker even though sometimes I miss the misspelled words

I got this recipe off the Internet and my wife really likes it. This is a balsamic fig sauce with chicken white rice and vegetable medley, Pretty easy to make to, shallots, garlic, box sonic vinegar, some chicken broth, butter to finish off the sauce and we use chicken Breast but it’s probably a lot tastier with dark meat chickenE1A9AD84-4782-42F9-B6CF-C802D40D30B9.jpeg

Making enchiladas tonight. Cooking some ground beef and adding salt, black pepper, garlic, onion, cumin, chili powder and a can of Rotel's tomatoes and green chiles. I'm also making the red enchilada sauce that goes on the bottom of the pan and on top of them. I'm adding cheese to the inside and I'm adding some leftover ground beef on top of the sauce with cheese on top of that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom