What y’all eatin’ - Coronavirus edition (4 Viewers)

Just regular old black-eyed peas for dinner tonight. I cook all "4", black-eyed, red, navy and butterbeans. Next week should be my all Scorpius cooked meals week. Monday I'm cooking navy beans and I've mentioned before that I put breakfast sausage in them. Tuesday is the onion soup. My bday on Wednesday is the crab, shrimp and crawfish gumbo. Thursday is a chili cheese enchiladas and Friday is shrimp fried rice.

Looks like an interesting version of bibimbop!

I had the traditional version tonight with bulgogi beef. Beef, rice, spicy bean sprouts, kimchi all wrapped in green leaf lettuce and miso soup on the side. Good sheet.

Finished off the night with some good hot tea.

Lunch from that truck for the coctel de camaron (and the one next to it...this other truck called Ixtapa, for the carnitas cemita)

Attachments

• Lunch.jpg
    Lunch.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 13
Scallop fried rice tonight. Any suggestions on cooking the scallops besides baking them in butter with some salt and pepper?
Pat them THOROUGHLY dry with paper towels before searing them. This will help prevent them from steaming themselves, and give a bit of crust on the exterior.

When is that $100 dollar dish, dude?

ate a burger downtown baton rouge. lol downtown br.

great burger though.

Pat them THOROUGHLY dry with paper towels before searing them. This will help prevent them from steaming themselves, and give a bit of crust on the exterior.

When is that $100 dollar dish, dude?

So sear them and then bake? The gumbo was on my birthday two days ago. Shrimp, crab, crawfish and oysters. It's also going to be victory gumbo Sunday because we still have half of it left. Oh, and because the Saints will beat the Whiners!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom