What y’all eatin’ - Coronavirus edition (1 Viewer)

Lol, yeah true. I just don't know how to make bread. :hihi:

You should just do it. Get some yeast, look it up on the internet. Flour, water, yeast, salt. A lot of it is feel that you just have to learn by doing. The rest is basic science. It’s cheap, it’s fun, and even your failures taste good.

How important is fresh yeast? We have some refrigerated but it's old as well.

That matters a lot more. Dead yeast can’t do it’s job. If it’s been refrigerated though, it might be ok. If you have enough to spare,mix up some (warmish) sugar water and put a teaspoon of yeast in it. It should get foamy after 15 min or so.

That matters a lot more. Dead yeast can’t do it’s job. If it’s been refrigerated though, it might be ok. If you have enough to spare,mix up some (warmish) sugar water and put a teaspoon of yeast in it. It should get foamy after 15 min or so.

I'll do the test but it's old, 2016.

My dinner feast will consist of grilled cheese sandwich with Tillamook cheddar cheese and Cambell's tomato soup! Its been just a chilly light rainy day in Portland which makes it a perfect choice!

Don’t forget the pickles.

PSA for those of you in New Orleans. The Best Pork Chops in The World* are on sale at Langenstein's (Metairie, at least) for 6.99/lb through 12/8. We bought a rack today and froze steaks (and cooked a double bone roast). Well worth it.

* for today and IMO. But I have been buying these "prime" (I don't think that's a thing) for years now, and they are amazing.

@buzd dry brined a few chicken breasts. holy delicious juicyness.

Nice. I pretty much never eat breasts (heh) - we get thighs or whole chickens. The white meat gets cooked down for tacoes or goes into chicken salad.

I did a Cuban mojo pork in the instant pot this morning and we had Cuban sandwiches for lunch (variants - creole mustard, French bread, Wickles). They were excellent.

Norweigian salmon with Ikura and truffle mashed potatoes for dinner.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom