What y’all eatin’ - Coronavirus edition (2 Viewers)

Nice. I pretty much never eat breasts (heh) - we get thighs or whole chickens. The white meat gets cooked down for tacoes or goes into chicken salad.

I did a Cuban mojo pork in the instant pot this morning and we had Cuban sandwiches for lunch (variants - creole mustard, French bread, Wickles). They were excellent.

Norweigian salmon with Ikura and truffle mashed potatoes for dinner.
i love cuban pork. a good cuban sandwich is awesome.

i love cuban pork. a good cuban sandwich is awesome.

These were great. The hot pork out of the pot did it. I put mustard Swiss and pickles on both sides of (kind of sheetty) Publix French bread and got it melty in the oven. Then I crisped up some sandwich ham in a pan , built the sandwich, and pressed it between two hot pans with butter on the outside of the bread (I didn’t have any cast iron). Came out pretty damn good.

Burgers with caramelized onions, mushrooms and Brie. My ground meat was looking kind of sad for three burgers, so I mixed in some breakfast sausage I bought this morning. Served on fresh grocery baked onion buns. These did not suck.

I'll be having tomato soup. Followed by chicken noodle. Then I'll transition to broths.

Just finished up a 72 hr fast. Ate normal but omad for two days and had a wisdom tooth pulled this after noon. So soups and broths for me as I'll transition back into another fast. 72hr goal again, but I'll see how it's going. Might just ride it a bit further to let the tooth heal up fully if needed and going well.

Since I stopped the booze a month ago and did that fast down a good 15#'s the last few weeks. If I drop that much more, I'll be in striking distance of the goal and the lightest I've been since my early thirties. Gotta say, mentally it's doing wonders. I may be able to stop using my CPAP too. Dr says I've reversed the diabetes which he'd recommended starting meds for and I refused saying I could do better diet and exercise. Never seen him smile so wide and he's much more invested in my care seeing as how I follow his advice getting from obese to just overweight.

Things looking up.

These were great. The hot pork out of the pot did it. I put mustard Swiss and pickles on both sides of (kind of sheetty) Publix French bread and got it melty in the oven. Then I crisped up some sandwich ham in a pan , built the sandwich, and pressed it between two hot pans with butter on the outside of the bread (I didn’t have any cast iron). Came out pretty damn good.
Did I miss something, why are you around a Publix?

I decided to make a lobster roll, but using Naan bread I pan fried/toasted. Otherwise, nothing fancy. I'm not a big mayo guy, so I went really light on that, and a bit heavier on the butter sauce and seasoning.

pretty solid.

Mississippi Pot Roast in the crock pot. About halfway done now. The house smells wonderful and I keep going close to the pot to get an even stronger sniff of the aroma. Mmmmmm.

ham and provolone sandwich. i did at least bake the halves to melt the cheese. that counts for cooking, right?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom