What y’all eatin’ - Coronavirus edition (6 Viewers)

Gumbo, baby. It's the one good thing about moving from Phoenix to Fort Worth. I can't seem to get motivated to make gumbo unless I have cool weather and I've already had more cold weather days here than 5 years in AZ.

going to try to make a mexican pizza. found a recipe that looks pretty close fo taco bell.

So I have an idea I need to run by y'all. I made a tomato tortellini soup last week that was pretty good and I'm thinking about adding shrimp. If that sounds likes a good idea do I need to think about different ingredients or keep them the same? The soup was a can of crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, heavy cream, tortellini, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, basil, balsamic vinegar and bay leaves.

So I have an idea I need to run by y'all. I made a tomato tortellini soup last week that was pretty good and I'm thinking about adding shrimp. If that sounds likes a good idea do I need to think about different ingredients or keep them the same? The soup was a can of crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, heavy cream, tortellini, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, basil, balsamic vinegar and bay leaves.

What are the tortellini stuffed with?

There are some pretty strong split opinions on whether shrimp and tomatoes are "good" (think shrimp creole). Personally, I think it would probably work OK, although you may want to find a way to make it "less soupy", because shrimp just floating in soup by themselves (that's why it kind of depends on the tortellini) is a little weird.

What are the tortellini stuffed with?

There are some pretty strong split opinions on whether shrimp and tomatoes are "good" (think shrimp creole). Personally, I think it would probably work OK, although you may want to find a way to make it "less soupy", because shrimp just floating in soup by themselves (that's why it kind of depends on the tortellini) is a little weird.

It's stuffed with 3 cheeses and it's not that soupy. It's called a soup but it's only 4 cups of chicken stock, half a cup of heavy cream, a 28 ounce can of tomatoes and 12oz of tortellini. The next question I'd ask is if I should add thyme and some lemon juice to it.

Last edited:
It's stuffed with 3 cheeses and it's not that soupy. It's called a soup but it's only 4 cups of chicken stock, half a cup of heavy cream, a 28 ounce can of tomatoes and 12oz of tortellini. The next question I'd ask is if I should add thyme and some lemon juice to it.
Yes to the thyme but be careful with the lemon because of the cream. Add a little zest if you want the flavor and try squeezing lemon when you serve.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom