What y’all eatin’ - Coronavirus edition (4 Viewers)

The tomato shrimp tortellini soup came out awesome. I made texas toast to go with it and for dessert I cooked a red velvet cake. It was awesome too.

I smoked a couple pork butts and some mac and cheese w/ hatch green chiles a couple days ago. Now that everyone is done with tacos and pulled pork sandwiches, I mixed some smoked pulled pork into the mac and cheese for leftovers.

Tonight I am par cooking a couple of pork chops on the grill to get a little crust and smoke, then I will finish them on the stove in a sauce of roux, garlic, white wine, chicken stock, cream, mushrooms, and a little blue cheese. Will serve with baked sweet potatoes and asparagus.

Tonight I am par cooking a couple of pork chops on the grill to get a little crust and smoke, then I will finish them on the stove in a sauce of roux, garlic, white wine, chicken stock, cream, mushrooms, and a little blue cheese. Will serve with baked sweet potatoes and asparagus.

You had me until you said blue cheese.

This morning I cooked a Magnalite full of venison chili. I had looked in the freezer the other day and noticed we were out and with this Polar Vortex (freezing rain now), it was a good time to put together another batch... Maybe about 5lbs of meat, massive can of pinto beans, 3 big cans of black beans, 2 big cans of kidney beans and a bunch of chili powder and seasonings. There's only two of us at the house these days and so we'll easily be able to put up 6-8qts for quick meals since both of us work.

This morning I cooked a Magnalite full of venison chili. I had looked in the freezer the other day and noticed we were out and with this Polar Vortex (freezing rain now), it was a good time to put together another batch... Maybe about 5lbs of meat, massive can of pinto beans, 3 big cans of black beans, 2 big cans of kidney beans and a bunch of chili powder and seasonings. There's only two of us at the house these days and so we'll easily be able to put up 6-8qts for quick meals since both of us work.

The Texans are going to be :mad: about all those beans.

Pro tip that has upped my chili game: go to the Latin market and get a bunch of dried chiles (my staples are ancho, guajillo, and de arbol). Rehydrate them in some hot stock for 10-20 minutes (deseed them) and then put that in the blender and use that for your chili seasoning. You can change your profile with different peppers. Sooo much better than generic chili powder.

I’ve started getting the big bags and keeping them in ziplocks. I use them often.

Oh, no worries Buzd... this is not your run of the mill chili powder from the grocery store.

A ‘good portion’ of the mix was from a chap out of New Iberia. His mix and recipe, if followed closely, have won many contests.. I use it as a base and tweak from there.

and yeah, Texans do get pretty worked up about beans vs no beans... None of them are eating at my house and so that’s that. Haha.

Oh, no worries Buzd... this is not your run of the mill chili powder from the grocery store.

A ‘good portion’ of the mix was from a chap out of New Iberia. His mix and recipe, if followed closely, have won many contests.. I use it as a base and tweak from there.

and yeah, Texans do get pretty worked up about beans vs no beans... None of them are eating at my house and so that’s that. Haha.

Sounds awesome. And for the record, I am also pro beans.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom