What you want at QB in 2021 (1 Viewer)

What would be your choice for QB in 21

• Total voters
The #1 problem for 2021 is cap space. When Drew retires, Jameis Winston's price tag increases to at least $9M/year if he is the heir apparent. No guaranteed money! Best to draft a QB and hope the rookie beats out Jameis so the team can cut him.

Here’s my problem with the sign Jameis and draft a rookie “to compete” thing. If you are talking about drafting someone in the 3rd-4th round...unless you hit the lottery with Russell Wilson or Dak Prescott, it’s usually just a wasted pick. It’s not anyone that’s going to compete. It’s Garrett Grayson. If you are talking about spending a 1st round pick on the guy, he’s going to start by the end of his first year so you shouldn’t waste big money on Jameis. Just let Taysom be that bridge quarterback to the rookie.

If Jameis is new starter you’re going to pay a lot more than 9mil. Teddy signed for 9mil to be Drew’s backup.

I want to see Taysom, a cheap FA and a draft pick on the team. Two vets compete and the rookie develops. Stay cheap to get the cap under control. Make your big move for a QB in 2022. You can choose between the 3 you have and free agency.

Taysom has the leg up to start in 2021 so I voted for him in the poll.

Jameis. These last few years we've been a fairly young team with an old QB. This isn't a Jacksonville or Miami situation where we can wait for the rest of the roster to grow up around a rookie QB, the rest of the team is too talented.

Also, Stafford is not the "great QB in a bad situation" guy that he was a few years ago. He's pretty mediocre, I think Jameis is better than him now.

Which direction would you go
My vote is for Brees decides he doesn’t want to go out like this, he returns and wins his final game in a packed Dome before going on to win the Super Bowl and the football world going bonkers.

Do I think that is going to happen? Probably not. 🤔

I’m in the resign Jameis and draft a rookie camp but a lot of things will have to shake out just right for that to happen. I’m trusting Coach. He has seen Winston enough to know the right move. If there is someone out there better in FA we should go after him and I’d be fine.

I just think Jameis plus a young talent is the quickest way to big wins next year and staying a contender the next 5.

Stafford if Brees is done . I already explained it in a thread I posted about it .

Jameis deserves a shot. If he can fix the picks he can be very good.
That is the question. I think he can. I also think a lot of the problem he had in Tampa was trying to do too much and thinking he was a lot better than he was. Hopefully his time with Brees has calmed him down some and taught him to play within the system.

I would draft a QB, if one of the top 5 or 6 were available and roll with Watson and Hill to see if either have a chance to be the starter next year.

We're drafting 28th. Who you think is gonna be left at QB?

Exactly. If Payton falls in love with someone like Jones or Trask, I’ll trust his judgement.

But we aren’t finding anyone with the pure talent of Jameis there. We’d have to get up into the top 5 for Wilson or Fields and top 8 for Lance. Anyone else is going to have massive questions.

I selected "other" because I'd like to see the Saints sign someone like Stafford (admitted longshot) or keep Winston AND draft a QB -- even if they have to move up to do so, providing there's one who grades high enough to warrant the compensation involved. Watson isn't happening.

Like many of you, I'm not sure Taysom is an NFL-level starter at QB after seeing him in action. He just seems to hold the ball too long and is indecisive with his decision-making to be a quality NFL starter. However, unlike many of you, I definitely don't think Winston is a long-term answer either. Despite his young age, I think he is what he is at this point -- inconsistent and prone to mistakes at critical times. We have quite a body of work to look at, and I don't agree that his issues were related to coaching.

Last edited:
Which direction would you go

There’s no viable option other than Jameis and Taysom. Ride it out with them. Honestly hope it goes poorly and we can draft one next year or the year after if they don’t like any of the prospects next year.

I could see Payton and Loomis and Ireland falling in love with a guy like Wilson and willing to trade Michael Thomas for a first rounder, use it, our first this year and first next year to trade up. They’re known to be aggressive.

There’s no viable option other than Jameis and Taysom. Ride it out with them. Honestly hope it goes poorly and we can draft one next year or the year after if they don’t like any of the prospects next year.

I could see Payton and Loomis and Ireland falling in love with a guy like Wilson and willing to trade Michael Thomas for a first rounder, use it, our first this year and first next year to trade up. They’re known to be aggressive.
No disrespect to MT, but I doubt anyone would offer a 1st round pick for him after a season in which he was mostly injured and involved in drama.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom