What you want at QB in 2021 (2 Viewers)

What would be your choice for QB in 21

• Total voters
I want to see Taysom, a cheap FA and a draft pick on the team. Two vets compete and the rookie develops. Stay cheap to get the cap under control. Make your big move for a QB in 2022. You can choose between the 3 you have and free agency.

Taysom has the leg up to start in 2021 so I voted for him in the poll.
This is what I want too, though for the purposes of the poll since multiple options weren’t available I voted “sign another FA.” Mitchell Trubisky is the FA QB I see as being most likely to come in on a super cheap deal similar to the one that Jameis signed this year and still be able to possibly develop into something based on what we saw after he came back into the lineup for Foles this year.

I'm wondering what the offense will look like with a new QB. It's doubtful that the next QB will be as accurate and protect the ball like Drew, but could that be offset by defenses not being able to stack the box and totally disregard the deep ball?

So the turnovers go up, and passing efficiency drops, but we see more chunk plays and the run game is helped by the space created by defenses being forced to defend the entire field. The offense was playing with one arm tied behind their back. SP was limited in his play calling.

I don't know what it's going to look like but I can't wait to see it. I voted for Winston. I'm not ecstatic about any of our options but I think he gives us the best chance to be a viable contender.

We have to make a play for Watson, if it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out.

There are no options that would be better than what we had the past 15 years so we will be disappointed no matter what happens. Given salary cap limits and drafting position, I think we are stuck with what we have - Jameis and Hill for 2021. SP hates turnovers and Jameis has the history of throwing tons of interceptions but Hill has the fumbling issue so it is a coin flip. I would think Jameis would win out and Hill will be used like he is today, primarily on running plays. Jameis has always had tons of upside and maybe SP can coach him up and this could work out well but who knows as Jameis issues are poor decision making which would be tough for a coach to change.

2022 will have us in a different drafting position where we will be drafting higher. Possible SP could look to unload some high $ talent in 2021 to obtain a solid QB or move up in the draft given we might need to get rid of talent to unlock cap space. Difficult to trade high dollar long term contracts as cap hit is a mess so not sure if this is an option that would work.

Last edited:
Jamal Adams says hi
Bad mouthing Adam Gase and the Jets culture is different than MT and the Saints. And a lot of teams still do not grade MT as worth a 1st when he does not have the speed to stretch a defense.

Aaand Adams had a cap friendly contract. MT does not.

your point is received but the situation isn’t as comparable as you think.

Bad mouthing Adam Gase and the Jets culture is different than MT and the Saints. And a lot of teams still do not grade MT as worth a 1st when he does not have the speed to stretch a defense.

Aaand Adams had a cap friendly contract. MT does not.

your point is received but the situation isn’t as comparable as you think.

If i remember correctly, Adams fetched 2 1's AND a player. If that is indeed correct, then MT is at least worth a 1st round pick. If I am wrong in my memory, then my point is moot. Teams that want MT will make the contract work. I dont think that will factor much into his trade value.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom