What you want at QB in 2021 (1 Viewer)

What would be your choice for QB in 21

• Total voters
I said Jameis and I'm kinda surprised how many others did, too. I dunno why I feel like we can have confidence in him; but I never had confidence in Teddy, though, I sure did like him a lot. And, as a starter, I just don't have confidence in Taysom that he's going to be healthy if he keeps playing like he plays. Need someone who's going to be able to last 16 weeks for at least the next several years.

Stafford is intriguing as he has run similar type offensives to Payton's. He's a gun slinger that's for sure and defenses would need to respect the deep ball. However, its a risk vs reward. Signing him would likely mean Winston is gone. It would also likely require a lengthy contract to make it work under the cap which is just kicking the can down the road again.
I could see it.

Stafford is intriguing as he has run similar type offensives to Payton's. He's a gun slinger that's for sure and defenses would need to respect the deep ball. However, its a risk vs reward. Signing him would likely mean Winston is gone. It would also likely require a lengthy contract to make it work under the cap which is just kicking the can down the road again.
I could see it.

I don’t think Detroit moves on from Stafford. I think they draft a guy and sit him behind Stafford for a few years.

It’s Zach Wilson or just stick with who we have for me. We won’t be able to reach into the Lawrence or Fields range but a trade of Thomas, coupled with a couple more firsts could get us in front of Carolina if Wilson falls

I don’t think Detroit moves on from Stafford. I think they draft a guy and sit him behind Stafford for a few years.

It’s Zach Wilson or just stick with who we have for me. We won’t be able to reach into the Lawrence or Fields range but a trade of Thomas, coupled with a couple more firsts could get us in front of Carolina if Wilson falls
Pretty sure the Jets will pick Wilson. Fields maybe goes 5-7th.

No one wants Thomas and his Salary along with his mental issues...They wouild more likely want AK or Lattimore..

I dont watch a lot of college football, but looking over draft picks I like what they sa and highlights I saw of Kyle Trask... Brees esque qualities.

Taysom for a year and have Trask as the backup to learn .. Someone will pay a lot for Jameis and we will have lots of salary cap issues the next few years...we sold out the last few years to get Brees another ring and now its time to pay the piper, a rookie qb deal would be good, grown and mold

Pretty sure the Jets will pick Wilson. Fields maybe goes 5-7th.

Thats the thing, I don’t think they do. I think the Jets are dumb enough to want to roll with Darnold again. I think they will.

I don’t think they go QB at all. Fields goes to ATL

No one wants Thomas and his Salary along with his mental issues...They wouild more likely want AK or Lattimore..

You’re an idiot if you think people would pay a first round pick for Michael Thomas. Jamal Adams just got two first round picks....

Roll w/the duo of Winston/Tayom and draft a high ceiling prospect to groom for a year or two. QBs who I think would fit the mold: Kyle Trask, Sam Ehlinger and Ian Book. Or...We wait till 2022 and target a talent like Kedon Slovis from USC or Sammy Howell from NC.

If Watson was available, I would give up a lot to get him. He’s only 25, and a top 7 QB right this second. It’s much easier to put pieces around a quality QB than to win without one. Payton would make him into a superstar. And Houston might give him up because they are in a position to draft a top QB and the Saints are not in the AFC, which minimizes the damage of potentially playing against him.

Matthew Stafford is a good QB on a bad team. He would be worth every penny. I don’t know if he is a Super Bowl winning QB but he would be good for 10 wins a season here.

I’m not worried about the money in either case. If Drew were 5 years younger we know the Saints would fork over $35 M next year to keep him and be thrilled to do it. So if we pay $35 M for Watson or $30 M for Stafford, it’s a similar thing. We get to keep winning games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom