What you watching? - Quarantine Edition (5 Viewers)

AKA the only good films in the entire franchise. In Hellraiser 3 a Cenobite that shoots CDs at people appears and it's all downhill from there.
totally agree. that's why i stuck to the first two.

I watched Homecoming season 2. It's really good, but you have to watch season 1 to understand it.

Just started watching this show on Netflix called Rectify. Only a couple of episodes in but I am intrigued.

Has anyone else watched this show? I can't stop watching. It's a story about a man in Georgia on death row for 20 years who gets released (with new trial pending) for the rape and murder of a girl he went to high school with. It's very depressing and slow yet cerebral and captivating.

Has anyone else watched this show? I can't stop watching. It's a story about a man in Georgia on death row for 20 years who gets released (with new trial pending) for the rape and murder of a girl he went to high school with. It's very depressing and slow yet cerebral and captivating.

Yeah.

Great, brutal show. I probably wouldn't watch it right now, I'm skipping a few things that are on my list because they're just too dark for these times (Ozark, for one).

But worth sticking out, for sure.

I watched Patton Oswald's new special on Netflix. I love good stand up comedy. Normally I like Patton but this was kinda meh.

But, Jerry Seinfeld's latest special was a gut buster. I absolutely loved it.

Started Dead to Me and really like it
it has an obvious shtick and could be terrible, but they’re handling it very well

otoh, I dropped White Lines after one episode- felt like it could have been a great show, but it seems like it is patchworked by some Netflix algorithm

Wife and I started Sopranos. First two episodes just felt meh after watching the Wire. I dunno if the pace will pick up, but my wife isn't a fan of the narrating. I'm OK with it, but it feels slow developing to me. I thought I'd like it more, I dunno. Will probably watch a few more episodes before I decide to keep watching or move on to something else.

Wife and I started Sopranos. First two episodes just felt meh after watching the Wire. I dunno if the pace will pick up, but my wife isn't a fan of the narrating. I'm OK with it, but it feels slow developing to me. I thought I'd like it more, I dunno. Will probably watch a few more episodes before I decide to keep watching or move on to something else.
Give it a few more episodes at least...it's my favorite show of all time, but to each his own.

I'm watching Carnivále

I had watched it some before, but never got past the 1st season. I find it really engrossing this time 'round, and I had almost forgotten the genius that is Clancy Brown.:bowdown2:

Last edited:

I'd still say it's worth watching overall, but it was an early (the earliest?) entry in the "peak TV" age and it has been surpassed by many shows since. What made it so new and exciting at the time may feel like nothing special to someone watching it for the first time now.

you'll love it by the end of season one. fantastic series, at least through the first 4 seasons. the last seasons are well worth watching too, but i don't feel nearly as good, though you can't stop watching once enthralled.

I'm watching Carnivále

I had watched it some before, but never got past the 1st season. I find it really engrossing this time 'round, and I had almost forgotten the genius that is Clancy Brown.:bowdown2:
best series hbo ever produced.

Started Dead to Me and really like it
it has an obvious shtick and could be terrible, but they’re handling it very well

otoh, I dropped White Lines after one episode- felt like it could have been a great show, but it seems like it is patchworked by some Netflix algorithm
good, but overrated.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom