What you watching? - Quarantine Edition (1 Viewer)

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Since we're stuck at home, I imagine many of us are spending time catching up on TV / movies / streaming. Here's the thread to share what you've got playing.

Currently, EPIX is having a free preview period on Dish Network, so I'm DVRing a ton of stuff. A few Marvel movies, the War of the World series, a few other movies.

Also, I just found this lovely bit of news:

nolaspe

nolaspe
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I saw that in the HBO series list and was curious about it. If it's good, I'll have to watch.
Oh trust me, it's fantastic. Hope you can handle the raunchy humor/cursing. The acting is fantastic.

Check out Silicon Valley too.

Twyst

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Just watched The American President for the first time in many many years. Forgot how much talent was in the movie Michael Douglas, Martin Sheen, Annette Benning, Richard Dreyfuss, Michael J Fox and written by Sorkin.

Always liked the movie, but now that ive seen the west wing I hve to say Id like it more if Douglas and Sheen would have been cast opposite.

Brad Mojo

Funkier than you.
Reaction score
So I'm watching Travelers on Netflix. It's about a team of agents from the future sent to our present time to correct mistakes that doom mankind. The usual stuff. I'm up to season 2 Episode 5 and it is about a previously unknown virus that becomes a global pandemic. It is hitting a little too close to home.

"Historically, this is the beginning of a minor flu outbreak, that kills over 70,000 people worldwide". "That does not sound minor to me".

On TV news broadcast in background: "While the death toll is still much lower than the average flu, health authorities are concerned about the intensity of the symptoms and the speed at which the virus seems to be spreading"

The incubation period was 12 days so it was widely spread before anyone showed symptoms and contained themselves."This virus is designed to keep the infected alive as long as possible, to help the spread, and make the authorities think that it's not as serious as it really is. So when people start to really die, it's too late."

"Maybe we should go to the hospital." "NOT where you want to be right now."

Originally aired in 2017

Dago

Veteran
Reaction score
I caught the end and old Jim Belushi movie called K9 and as the credits were rolling I saw three people who showed up pretty high who were listed as Belushi's drivers which seemed odd to me until I remembered that he was probably drunk and coked out of his skull most of the time

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So I'm watching Travelers on Netflix. It's about a team of agents from the future sent to our present time to correct mistakes that doom mankind. The usual stuff. I'm up to season 2 Episode 5 and it is about a previously unknown virus that becomes a global pandemic. It is hitting a little too close to home.

"Historically, this is the beginning of a minor flu outbreak, that kills over 70,000 people worldwide". "That does not sound minor to me".

On TV news broadcast in background: "While the death toll is still much lower than the average flu, health authorities are concerned about the intensity of the symptoms and the speed at which the virus seems to be spreading"

The incubation period was 12 days so it was widely spread before anyone showed symptoms and contained themselves."This virus is designed to keep the infected alive as long as possible, to help the spread, and make the authorities think that it's not as serious as it really is. So when people start to really die, it's too late."

"Maybe we should go to the hospital." "NOT where you want to be right now."

Originally aired in 2017
i've finished the series
completely forgot it's prescience
creepy

CapitalCitySaint

99% Practice; 1% Theory
Reaction score
Well I had been watching live footage of the riots....not sure what I'll watch now.
NVM...back to the riots. Yesterday, after they arrested the cop who murdered George Floyd I thought things would die down. Then later in the evening, I checked the riot thread and saw that they were in fact just heating up and spreading rapidly to other cities.

MLU

Please respect my decision!
Reaction score
Caught up on the last season of True Detective. The last 10 minutes was heartbreaking. It definitely redeemed season 2.

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
watched the "assistant" on google play. mixed reviews, but i thought it was excellent.

a lot of what she deals with is truth, from experience, at a much higher level though, dealing with people and the office politics she does.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom