What you watching? - Quarantine Edition (8 Viewers)

best series hbo ever produced.
Right now, I would put it behind The Sopranos, The Wire, Curb your Enthusiasm, and GOT....but that all could change fast. It's really good.

Oops, can't forget about Deadwood, either.

Right now, I would put it behind The Sopranos, The Wire, Curb your Enthusiasm, and GOT....but that all could change fast. It's really good.

Oops, can't forget about Deadwood, either.
i wish they would have extended the series (carnivale). easily one of the best shows of all time.

i do agree about the wire though. the others, i love, but none had encapsulated anything close to carnivale has for me.

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed it's only 2 seasons. 😕

I don't seem to remember there being a lot of fan fare over it, which is weird to me.

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed it's only 2 seasons. 😕

I don't seem to remember there being a lot of fan fare over it, which is weird to me.
yep. apparently the production cost was way higher than viewership.

Speaking of shows that ended way too soon, I need to go back and watch Firefly again. God, I loved that show.

YouTube has the entire movie Dead Alive

It's just an awful zombie movie....so awful it just come out the other side to great fun. The amazing part is that the director is Peter Jackson, the man who did the Lord of the Rings movie and this movie along with a couple other low budget campy horror films are what landed him The Lord of the Rings

It has a kung fu using Catholic priest screaming "I kick arse for the Lord!" and a lawnmower used as a weapon of mass destruction, so it is much more than some run of the mill awful zombie movie.

The priest is my favorite part. Satin white with the light purple satin robe

The baby was hilarious as well

Another movie that I used to love was Big Money Hustlas by ICP. I am not a fan of them by any stretch, but getting friends together and everyone being stoned while watching that movie is top level entertainment

The Leftovers
The Wire
Watchmen
Rome
Larry Sanders
Deadwood
GoT
Carnivale
Insecure
Sopranos
yet, you still list the best shows (kinda in no order), (yet forget the greater good) that you should you can't deny is awesome.

you still have zero knowledge of the great stuff.

Yeah.

Great, brutal show. I probably wouldn't watch it right now, I'm skipping a few things that are on my list because they're just too dark for these times (Ozark, for one).

But worth sticking out, for sure.
Good idea. I am probably going to have to stop watching it until some other time. The ongoing depressive tone of the show is just too much.

The other night, I was surfing around trying to find something different and I found a movie called Hotel Artemis on Amazon Prime. If you're into something that's a bit dystopian near future (I am), then you should absolutely give this a look.

good, but overrated.
Good idea. I am probably going to have to stop watching it until some other time. The ongoing depressive tone of the show is just too much.

Yeah, I'm not really wanting to watch depressing shows also. I guess the Wire was sort of depressing. But there was a lot of good sheet in there to balance it out a bit.

Sort of why I'm in the midst of watching the entire MCU lineup of shows and movies. With my 2 girls. We're watching a movie and a few series shows each weekend and taking our time with it since my oldest works late night hours. We're through the first Avengers and will watch IM3 and the first half of season 1 of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I think I'll watch Clone Wars cartoon and the Mandalorean on my own next. I'm the only one still into SW in my house, lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom